Chapter 2

The sudden echo of the car engine roared like a grand beast, piercing the silence that drifted around the atmosphere. The stars dotted across the ink-coloured sky, like paint splatters on a large canvas.

Chester was still in his room, preparing what he'd need for recording this time.
He grabbed a small leather satchel and swung it around his shoulders. A pencil flew out of it, since he had forgotten to shut it. Bending down to pick it up, he heard a slight crack in his back and groaned quietly. Despite his best efforts in trying to keep quiet, Parker heard it due to the thin walls and flooring in the house.
Chester knew that would come back for him one day.

"Yo dude, what was that?" Chester heard Parker call him from downstairs, as he starting progressing upstairs. Each oak and decaying step creaked beneath his heavy boots he used for exploring.
"Oh, I was just picking something up and my back cracked" Chester replied, bluntly. He turned to the doorframe as he saw Parker's head bob above the final step as he drew nearer to Chester's bedroom.

Digging through his satchel, Chester furrowed his brows as he struggled to find what he had been looking for for the past minute.
"Hey, Parker, have you seen my phone?" He looked up, his sunglasses creeping down his nose as he spoke.
"Yeah, it's downstairs." Parker said, after finally approaching Chester's room.
"Alright," Chester had finished preparing everything he needed, and therefore stepped towards Parker slowly, keeping an eye on his hand which grasped the handle on the satchel.
Since he hadn't been focusing, he stumbled at the top of the staircase and would've fallen had he not had his hand resting on the rail.
"Crap!"
"What happened?" Parker grabbed his satchels strap in an attempt to prevent him from falling again.
Chester noticed how long his fingers were, something he had never noticed before.
But he had to shake off that thought, it was irrelevant.
His thoughts had been racing from sudden adrenaline rush from the accident he had just gone through.