Chapter 2

The cobblestone path leading up to the house was rough under Parker's weak ankles. His ankle flipped twice on the 4 metre path. Chester certainly found it comical, much to Parker's dismay, complaining that he couldn't get it on film in time. Chester always enjoyed the satirical anger Parker produced when Chester laughed at him. Chester enjoyed "kidding around" with Parker, but was concerned why he'd tell some of his jokes, they seemed so self-deprecating.
"Alright, should I knock?" Parker asked.
"Hold up..." Chester turned on the camera and nodded. Parker's tongue slipped across his chapping, pale lips, and began with the video.
"Alright everybody, so we're about to go inside" as he spoke, each word flowed like a river on a starry night; Chester enjoyed hearing every part of it, it caused him such a rush he never comprehended before. It was most definitely the adrenaline from what would entail. And yet, Chester noticed something else. The sudden change in personality when filming. Chester had noticed it on multiple occasions, of course, but it was so strong this time. As if Parker had shifted from a tired, dreading but caring man to an excited, romantic one.
And that was something Chester could not relate too.
Was that what had kept them so distant? The lack of relatability? Their viewers always considered them the best pair for their humour skills and underlying care for each other, meanwhile their personality traits completely conflicted.
Parker had been a very down to earth person, always thinking about the future, and was less impulsive than Chester. Although, he was one to get swept up by the blinding passage of attraction in the past.
And that exact thing is what got them content.
Parker ignoring the signals of danger in hopes to help a potential partner, to attract a female with his broad range of strength.
Well, the true question was whether it was his true identity or a suit made of pure self consciousness he wore every day to appear a higher level than the man he truly felt he was?
Even Parker would never be able to answer that question.
Not until she opened the door so slightly he could just barely see her blush-tinted cheek.