𝐵𝑜𝑑𝑦𝑔𝑢𝑎𝑟𝑑

𝑂𝑚𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡

With weary eyes the young woman sat at the edge of her porch, taking slow sips of her lemonade

With weary eyes the young woman sat at the edge of her porch, taking slow sips of her lemonade. It was a hot day, the sun had been shining for a mere three hours since the day had started and there was nothing worse than dealing with the excessive sweat that came with it.

She didn't quite understand how she felt. Was it confusion or simply fear, maybe it was undermined by happiness– something she often tried to forge.

The blonde still couldn't remember. But knowing that she had a life, one where she was as happy as a songbird in the early morning, she felt lost in the life she had now. She didn't belong here... living with an overbearing mother and a sister that barely paid her any mind. The absence of her who she knew wouldn't have allowed this to happen.

She wasn't sure whether she'd be able to keep up this façade any longer.

It'd been a bit over a week since she found out about her past, a week since she'd seen the pictures.

For her mother to lie to her, to hid the fact that she was married, that she had a child, that she was happy, I hurt. The pain was indescribable, and yet it was all she felt. Pain.

"Bey?" The blonde turned to face the door, watch as her younger sister came to stand by her, two bottles of beer settled in her hands. Solange gazed down into her sister's tearful eyes, sighing. "Here, I figured you'd want somethin' stronger."

Beyoncé chuckled through her tears, taking a bottle and setting down the empty glass of lemonade at her side. Silence overcame them. When Tina was away they never spent time together. Not like they used to.

Growing up so far apart in age, Beyoncé had her responsibilities while Solange was too young to participate, but they'd often made time for each other. Racing around the farm, playing hopscotch, tossing stones. They were wild girls, but after their father passed Beyoncé had made it her duty to step up and take care of the farm and her family in his absence.

Ultimately, causing the two sisters to grow apart.

However, there were moments. Times that they were able to agree on subjects concerning the both of them, or even their shared concerns for their strained relationship with their mother.

Now this.

Solange knew she was in the wrong for not saying anything before, and seeing how down the blonde had been the last few days, she figured it was finally time to let her know.

"Momma's gonna fuss 'bout this, but it's time you know," her voice was low and soft, smoothly ending their moment of silence. Before anything could be said, Beyoncé took a swig of the beer and leaned her head back against the railing. Solange took a deep breath and began again. "Momma's been hiding things from you for years... very, very important things, Bey."