𝐵𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑑

A/N: shorter than usual, I been busy all week yall srry. I hope you enjoy though 🤍

𝑂𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎

I sat up in bed, my eyes trained on the windows in my bedroom as the morning sun beamed through the shutters

I sat up in bed, my eyes trained on the windows in my bedroom as the morning sun beamed through the shutters. It's been some time since the incident. Everything had yet gone back to normal, with Beyoncé away handling our money issues and salvaging what was left of that house. Lauren and Robyn were both taking care of Kaia while I rested and the reverend and his wife would often visit to pray over my health and help with Kaia as well.

As much as I wanted to get up and move around, I was still in a bag of pain. While I was kept hostage they'd broken two ribs, sprained my ankle and fractured a few of my bones. The bruises hadn't disappeared yet, the bullet wound was still healing so I couldn't really move my arm either.

I felt helpless in these moments. The only thing I'm able to do is think and over these last few days all I could think about is my family.

I can't raise my child here. There's too much bad energy and memories that I never want to relive. I've been meaning to have this conversation with Beyoncé for the longest time, but she's been avoiding me since everything went down.

Her friend from the military, Dwayne I think his name is, he's been stopping by to make sure that I'm alright. He tells me that she worries about me all the time. I believe it's true, but I'd feel better hearing these things from her.

I know she's at odds with herself about the shooting. I knew deep down that she wasn't going to be able to miss me, and in the moment, the sight she was seeing, the adrenaline she was feeling had turned into fear. She didn't want me hurt, but it would've been inevitable.

So I told her to shoot. I trusted her enough to make sure he was no longer in our lives and she did just that. However, we needed to talk about moving forward from that moment. Beyoncé had always been the one person I trusted with my life. I believed in her, aware that she was afraid of the consequences, but I knew that she wouldn't have let me down.

But now, as I sat here, enjoying the gentle gleam of the sun and the sound of the birds outside, singing their own tune, I was reminded of how peaceful life could be.

Pushing my worries aside for the time being, I closed my eyes and just breathed. Taking in the good. All that we needed now was to start anew.

There's a knock on my door, causing me to look in that direction. My eyes widened slightly at the sight of her. Beyoncé stood, leaning up against the door frame. She smiled softly at me as she removed her brown hat and held it to her heart, revealing her honey blonde tresses and those amber pools.