𝐴𝑚𝑒𝑛|𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

𝑂𝑚𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡

7 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

7 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

"Kaia! Make sure your brother isn't getting into anything outside, please!" Onika called from the nursery then nodded to herself when she heard footsteps rumbling downstairs. She finished putting away the freshly washed laundry and went over to the crib where her youngest sat, chewing on a teething toy.

"Is that my Nini? Good morning, my pretty baby." She gushed at the sight of her baby girl, Keoni Rain. Her youngest of three. She picked up the infant and carried her downstairs, kissing her chubby face and blowing raspberry against her cheek. Keoni giggled then babbled, placing her chunky hands on her mother's face.

Before Onika could even make it to the front porch to greet her wife, she heard a crash out back making her eyes roll in annoyance when Keoni jumped in fear and pouted from being scared. "Lord have mercy..." she grumbled, quickly turning around and making her way to the backyard.

There Kaia stood with her face behind her hands and her little brother, Khalil Orion. He laughed, sitting in a pond of mud made by the running hose lying in Onika's garden. Horror captured her features as she scanned over her torn up flowers and then disappointment settled as she handed Keoni over to her sister and ran her fingers through her hair. "Oh my gosh... Khalil."

The little boy gazed up at his mother and quickly stood. He knew just by the look on her face that he was in big trouble. He twiddled his thumbs and rocked back and forth on his feet. "I-I s-sorry, mommy." The 4-year-old wasn't much of a talker due to his speech impediment, but he knew better than to not apologize for causing trouble. Especially in his mother's garden. "I-I-I w-on't do i-it again..." he trailed off, wincing at the sound of his own stuttering.

Onika sighed, "it's okay, baby, don't strain yourself. How about we get you clean up for breakfast, hmm? I'll make your favorite." She placed a small kiss on the cleanest spot of his face.

The little boy light up with excitement. "B-blueberry pan–pancakes!" He cheered causing Onika to smile. She sent Kaia inside with the baby to retrieve a towel while she hosed Khalil down. Kaia returned with the towel and they all went inside.

"Go bathe and change out of those clothes before you get sick." She rushed her son off before making her way to the kitchen to finally get started on breakfast. Kaia sat Keoni in her high chair then stood by her mother.

"Can I help?" The twelve-year-old asked with a smile.

"Of course, marigold. You know, you don't have to do so much, right? Taking care of the three of you is me and momma's job. You're supposed just be our baby." Onika washed off some blueberries and set them aside, finding the pancake mix.

"I know, but I wanna help out. Especially since momma says I'm not old enough to help her outside. Can I make the eggs?" She went to grab the container from the fridge as Onika nods, preparing the batter.

This was how most mornings went in the Knowles household. Onika prided herself on doing her best at being the stay at home mother her children needed while Beyoncé tended to the farm and, of course, the activities for the fall, spring and summer seasons.

Over the course of seven long and prosperous years, they've moved to Tennessee, had more children, renewed their vows, and traveled. Robyn and Lauren visited the family often, along with Onika's mother, Solange, the reverend and his wife.

Over those seven years all Onika and Beyoncé felt was the happiness they knew they deserved. Without drama, without the pestering of Tina, without the stress of not having each other. The pair no longer worried about their future, instead they lived it to its fullest potential.

As the children ate their pancakes and scrambled eggs, Onika went to check on her wife. Beyoncé was coming from the stables when she saw the beauty waiting for her by the porch swing. She jogged up the steps and sat beside the woman she loved, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Good morning, sweet pea."

"Good morning, honeybee." Onika couldn't help the broad smile that overtook her face. "Your boy got into my garden again and Kaia helped make breakfast." She laid her head on the older woman's shoulder and closed the space between them. Not caring about any dirt or sweat, it was nothing a nice shower couldn't fix.

"Oh really? And what about my lil raindrop?" The blonde chuckled, referring to their youngest.

"Nothing yet, but we should introduce her to walking today," Onika gazed up at her lover, eyes sparkling with joy. "Sometimes this feels so surreal, having everything I've ever wanted and more on the way, with you by my side, and our beautiful babies. I couldn't ask for more."

"There's nothing else you want, mama? Nothing else in this world?"

"Nothing, unless it's a million more years with you. I love you, Beyoncé."

"I love you more, Onika."

To say Onika's wish didn't come true would be too realistic... because this is fiction. And my ship will live to the end of eternity.

Forever in love.

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑛𝑑

Thank you all for reading this little short story based on my favorite song from Cowboy Carter

Thank you all for reading this little short story based on my favorite song from Cowboy Carter. I knew I didn't want this story to be long bc, well, the song isn't *cough cough* 👀
BUT I really did fall more and more in love with it because of this story.

So I genuinely hope you enjoyed my rendition of this song, I love yall so much, THANK YOUUUUUU 🤍