𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑦'𝑠 𝐵𝑒𝑠𝑡

𝑂𝑚𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡

"Momma, look!" The little girl pulled on her mother's wrist, rushing over to the side of the church

"Momma, look!" The little girl pulled on her mother's wrist, rushing over to the side of the church. She climbed up on the fence, careful not to dirty up her Easter dress. Leaning over the fence, she smiled down at the baby lambs and chicks. "Can I have one, Momma?" She giggled as the lambs attempted to eat her boots.

Onika's smiled at the excitement on her daughter's face. She shook her head at the puppy eyes Kaia had turned to her with, laughing lightly at the sight. "I'm sure there will be room after we're fully settled. For now, my lovely little marigold, let's go inside. There's someone I want you to meet."

Lifting her child off of the fence, Onika held her on her hip and continued to walk towards the church. The pair met with Robyn and Lauren before going inside with everyone else. The group passed judgmental eyes and questioning glances. Gossiping women and their shameless, perverted husbands. Onika hung her head slightly, as they made their way through the crowd and over to the side of the room where the Reverend and his wife stood.

"Reverend Washington, it's great to see you again." Onika smiled, looking up at as the older gentleman looked her way. He returned the greeting with open arms.

"Onika? Wow, you haven't changed a bit. It's wonderful to see you as well." They hugged, tightly. The two of them had a tightly knit friendship. He had been the one to help her leave Texas after Beyoncé's supposed death. He kept her farm alive with his bare hands and made sure she had some cash to keep her steady while on her journey.

He showed her kindness without ever asking for or expecting anything in return. Having had been there for the couple since the beginning, giving them his blessing when they married, blessing their child, he was a present support system right here at home when Onika's friends couldn't be around.

His wife, Pauletta, helped as well. The month Beyoncé was deployed, Onika had fallen into a spiraling state of depression. She could rarely bring herself to care for her wellbeing, let alone the child whom she had just brought into the world.

Pauletta would nanny while Onika physically and mentally recovered from the loss she felt. It was only a matter of time before things had gone left and the three of them figured her departure would be best.

"Ah! Nicki, you look beautiful, hun! And is that Kaia? Oh my, she's grown into such a pretty girl." The older woman took Denzel's place and hugged her lovingly while pinching Kaia's cheek.

Onika grinned as Kaia grew shy, hiding her face in her mother's neck. "Say hi, marigold. They used to take care of you when you were just a baby."

Kaia sat up a little and waved, her brown eyes glancing between the people in front of her. "H-hi, I'm Kaia."

"Well, hello Kaia, I'm Ms. Pauletta and this is my husband Mr. Denzel. I love your boots, honeypie."