𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑇𝑦𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑡'𝑠 𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑑

𝑂𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎

It's been a week

It's been a week.

A full seven days without any call or text from Beyoncé, not even a random pop up so that I know she's okay. I was worried, but I couldn't show it. Especially today.

It's Kaia's fifth birthday. And I had a full day planned to take her mind away from Beyoncé's absence. I wanted nothing more than to hunt down my wife, but my child's happiness comes first.

"Mommy," she whined with tears welling up in her big brown eyes. I sighed, shaking my head and helping her with her dress. "Mommy!" She spoke louder, thinking I didn't hear her.

"Yes Kai?" I finally met her eyes and she pouted as the tears rolled down her red cheeks. I hated to see my baby cry, but I just can't give her what she wants right now. For all I know, Bey isn't contacting us for our safety.

But, then again, I can't even be sure.

"I want honeybee!" She stomped her little feet, throwing a tantrum all up in my face. I didn't know what to say to her to fix this or calm her down. It wasn't long before tears were running down my face as well.

"I-I know, marigold, but she's busy right now. I can't–" she fell out, I had to hold her body against mine because I knew she'd try to cry harder if her outfit got dirty. I sat down with my back against the foot of her bed, placing her in my lap. "C'mon, Kaia, please stop crying. Mommy's trying her best, I-I promise." My voice quivered with anxiety.

Why did I let her leave?

I'm so stupid, I can't do this.

Why did I think I could?

I held my daughter as we both cried. I cupped her face and tried my best to wipe away tears that had fallen, but they kept coming. I didn't enjoy telling her that Bey wouldn't make it to celebrate with her. She's so attached to her mom without knowing.

Trying my hardest to push my own feelings down, I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and tooth slow, deep breaths. Kaia saw what I was doing and figured out how to copy me. Eventually, her crying stopped and became small sniffles. I rested my forehead against hers and when I was sure we were both entirely calm, I spoke to her.

"Marigold, if anything honeybee would want you to have fun without her for your birthday. And I know that when she comes back she's gonna give you the biggest most special present you could ever have, okay? Just try to have fun today. Can you do that for honeybee?"

Kaia slowly nods, blowing out a little breath. I smiled at her and she smiled right back. That's my girl.

Once I finished getting us dressed, I collected Robyn and Lauren and we were on our way. Kaia wanted to have a tea party at this open flower field that we saw on our drive from the airport. We all dressed up and I bought the biggest picnic basket I could find and stuffed all of the necessities inside.