CHAPTER 3: The Game Begins

I sat at the lunch table with Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha, savoring the moments of camaraderie and trust we had built. Our laughter echoed through the cafeteria as we exchanged stories and shared our hopes for the future. Little did I know, our peaceful lunchtime would soon be shattered by an eerie disruption.

Suddenly, a piercing siren cut through the air, causing a chilling silence to descend upon the room. The noise grated against my nerves, sending a shiver down my spine. Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha stood up simultaneously, their expressions transforming into unsettling smiles. My heart sank as their words hung in the air like a melody.

"It's time to play," Hiromi Moka declared, her voice laced with a twisted excitement. Hiromi Iroha nodded in agreement, mirroring her sister's unsettling grin.

Confusion and a sense of foreboding washed over me as I watched the students around us reach for their phones, their faces illuminated by the eerie glow. It was then that I realized this was a pivotal moment, a turning point in the macabre game that had enveloped Shirokawa Academy.

Five names flashed on the enormous screen that materialized before us, each carrying weight and significance. My heart skipped a beat as I scanned the list: 1. Noh Yunah, 2. Hiromi Iroha, 3. Hiromi Moka, 4. Lee Wonhee, and 5. Yukino Mashiro. Strangely, my own name was absent from the options, leaving me with a mix of relief and unease.

Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha exchanged a victorious high-five, their unity evident in their triumphant gaze. It became clear to me that they had managed to maintain the highest number of votes, solidifying their influence within the twisted hierarchy of the Game Game.

My mind raced as I tried to grapple with the gravity of the situation. Who were these students? Why were they so eager to play the game and maintain their ranks? And most importantly, who was behind all of this?

With determination burning in my eyes, I made a silent vow to uncover the truth. The stakes were higher than ever, and the presence of Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha by my side only strengthened my resolve. Together, we would navigate the treacherous landscape of the Game Game, face the dark forces at play, and bring justice to those who had vanished.

As we joined the rest of the students in the hall, anticipation and apprehension hung in the air. The screen loomed ominously, a blank canvas waiting to reveal the fate of the participants. Little did I know that this was just the beginning of a treacherous game that would test our limits and challenge everything we believed in.