Chapter 35: Wonhee's too Cruel

As chaos was happening inside the room she pointed the gun to moka and gripped on her neck ,Suddenly, Wonhee's laughter pierced through the silent tension, like a discordant melody.

Minju, Yunah, and Youngseo, their voices filled with unwavering determination, pleaded with Wonhee to stop her actions.

"Enough, Wonhee! This isn't the way!" Minju's voice trembled with a mixture of anger and concern.

Yunah added her voice with urgency, "Please, Wonhee, have some empathy. This isn't the time for cruelty."

Youngseo stepped forward, their eyes filled with determination, "We won't let you hurt our friends. We'll stand up for them, no matter what."

Yet, despite their pleas, Wonhee's grip remained firm on Moka's neck causing distress and difficulty breathing. Iroha, driven by love for her sister, made a desperate attempt to intervene but was shot in the leg causing her to fall to the floor.

Wonhee smirked triumphantly, successfully dodging Iroha's attempt to save Moka. The room erupted in cries and tears as fear seeped into every corner, intensifying the anguish that enveloped them.

Minju, aware of the situation's delicate nature, held Youngseo back, her voice filled with caution, "We must find a way to resolve this without making it worse. Our unity and support will guide us through."

As tears streamed down their faces, Moka was wheezing amidst the overwhelming fear. The group felt a surge of empathy, their hearts aching at the sight of their friends suffering.

As chaos ensued in the room, Youngseo's eyes darted around, taking in the unsettling scene. They couldn't help but notice Moka and Iroha's parents huddled together, seemingly more concerned with protecting themselves than aiding their distressed daughters. A surge of anger coursed through Youngseo's veins, and their voice echoed with righteous indignation.

"You selfish Human Beings!" Youngseo cried out, their voice filled with a mix of anger and frustration. "You dare call yourselves parents? Your daughter Moka is being held hostage, and your daughter Iroha has been shot, yet all you care about is your own safety?"

The room fell into a stunned silence as Youngseo's words reverberated through the air. The weight of their accusation hung heavily on Moka and Iroha's parents, forcing them to confront their actions—or lack thereof.

Tears streamed down Moka's face as she caught sight of her parents' self-preserving embrace. Iroha, though wounded and weakened, registered the heartache in their sister's eyes. It was in that moment of raw vulnerability that the true impact of Youngseo's words struck their parents.

Moka and Iroha's mother, overcome with guilt, released her tight grip on her spouse. Tears stained her cheeks as she took a faltering step toward her daughters.

"I'm sorry," she choked out, her voice carrying the weight of remorse. "We were so blinded by fear that we failed to see what truly mattered. Our love for you both should have outweighed our own self-preservation."

Their father, his face etched with shame, joined his wife's side. "You're right, Youngseo," he admitted, his voice heavy with regret. "We should have been there for our daughters when they needed us the most.

Tears still wet on their cheeks, Moka and Iroha gazed at their remorseful parents with a mix of disbelief and hope. The significance of the moment hung in the air—a turning point in their fractured relationships, a glimmer of reconciliation amidst the chaos.

However, before further words could be exchanged, Wonhee stepped forward, her eyes gleaming with a mix of malice and satisfaction.

"Hahaha," she laughed, her voice dripping with a twisted delight. "How touching! The long-lost love of a family, ready to make amends. But do you really think it will be that easy? You've already fallen into my trap, and there's no escape."

She circled the room, her gaze fixed on Moka and Iroha, reveling in their vulnerability. "You see, dear parents," she continued, her voice laced with a sadistic edge, "your daughters' lives are at stake. If you want them to survive, you'll do exactly as I say."

Fear and panic filled the room once more as Wonhee's words settled upon them like a suffocating fog. Moka and Iroha clung to one another, their strength bolstered by the renewed determination to protect each other.