Chapter 8: Doubts and Deception Persist

As the morning sun filtered through my window, I groggily awakened to the sound of my mother's voice. Her words carried a mix of excitement and confusion as she informed me that my friends were waiting downstairs. With a jolt of energy, I hastily made my way to greet them, eager to confide in Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha about my mother's disbelief.

To my surprise, the sisters stood before me, wearing innocent smiles that betrayed a hidden agenda. Confusion clouded my mind as I pondered how they had found their way to my home. But there was no time for questions now; I couldn't let this opportunity slip away.

I motioned for Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha to join me in a separate room, away from my mother's watchful gaze. With urgency in my voice, I whispered, "Tell my mom about the Fame game, about the rankings and the disappearances. Maybe she'll finally understand."

But before I could finish my plea, Hiromi Iroha discreetly pinched my arm, a subtle warning etched in her eyes. With trepidation, I watched as she turned to my mother, her expression masking deceit.

"You know,Mrs. Kim,Minju has the most vivid dreams," Hiromi Iroha chimed in, her voice dripping with faux concern. "She sometimes confuses reality with her imagination. It might be best to take what she says with a grain of salt."

My heart sank as I realized that the sisters had betrayed me, potentially jeopardizing the fragile trust between my mother and me. Confusion waged war within me as I struggled to comprehend their motives.

My mother, ever trusting, looked from me to the Hiromi sisters, her expression shifting from curiosity to doubt. In that instant, the divide between reality and the dark secrets of the Fame game widened, leaving me teetering on the edge of desperation.

I fought back the urge to protest, to reveal the truth despite the deception before me. Deep down, I knew that my journey to uncover the mysteries of Shirokawa Academy couldn't be stunted by doubt or betrayal. I would need to find another way to prove the grim reality that awaited those caught in the game's grip.

As my mother glanced back at me, her faith in my words wavering, I took a deep breath. The path ahead might be fraught with obstacles and uncertainty, but I was determined to unearth the truth, exposing the darkness that threatened not only the students at Shirokawa Academy but also the bonds of trust that held us together.