Chapter 6: Unraveling the Masked Deception

The words of Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha rattled in my mind as doubts began to gnaw at me. The sisters claimed that Yunah, the reigning queen of popularity in the Fame Game, was not as she seemed. According to them, she had transformed from a bubbly and funny girl into someone prideful and professional. I couldn't help but question their assertions, prompting me to seek the truth about our mysterious acquaintance.

My curiosity got the better of me as I confronted Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha. "Why do you say that Yunah used to be your friend?" I asked, my voice filled with skepticism.

The sisters exchanged a glance, their expressions shifting from determination to a touch of sadness. Hiromi Moka took a deep breath before responding, her voice carrying a faint trace of nostalgia.

"Minju, you have to understand that the Fame Game changes people. It molds their desires and warps their personalities," she explained, her words laden with a bittersweet truth. "Yunah was once our dear friend, full of laughter and warmth. But as her popularity grew, she became consumed by pride and the pursuit of maintaining her rank."

I listened intently, my skepticism waning as the sisters' words struck a chord within me. They had witnessed the transformation firsthand, observing the insidious effects of the game on even the most genuine connections.

Hiromi Iroha continued their account, her voice tinged with remorse. "We watched as Yunah distanced herself from those she once cared about. Her pursuit of fame and acknowledgment led her down a path of isolation and mistrust. She became a different person, one driven solely by the desire to stay at the top."

The severity of their words pierced through me, and doubt began to loosen its grip. It was a stark reminder that the Game Game held the power to consume even the strongest of friendships, leaving behind only a façade of the person one used to be.

A resolve welled within me - to be different, to hold onto the values and connections that mattered. I wouldn't let the game define me or sever the bonds I had forged with Hiromi Moka and Hiromi Iroha. Together, we would navigate this treacherous terrain, exposing the truths hidden beneath the surface and reclaiming the innocence that had been lost.