CHAPTER 1 : Introduction

Chapter 1: New Beginnings

I stood at the window, my gaze fixed on the bustling streets of Tokyo below. This city, so vibrant and alive, was a stark contrast to the quiet town we once called home in the South Korea. My name is Kim Minju, and this is my story.

Growing up, my family had always led a simple and content life. My parents, Mark and Sofia, worked hard to provide for my younger brother Ethan and me. Our little town had its fair share of ups and downs, but nothing could have prepared us for the events that would eventually push us to leave everything behind.

It all began with a single knock on our door one fateful evening. A mysterious man, dressed in a dark suit, delivered a cryptic message. He warned us of impending danger, urging us to leave our home and seek refuge in Tokyo. My parents, ever protective, didn't hesitate. They made the difficult decision to uproot our lives and move to a city unknown to us.

As we settled into our new apartment, questions spun around in my mind. Why were we being targeted? Who was this mysterious man, and what did he know? The answers felt like elusive shadows, slipping through my fingers whenever I thought I had them in my grasp.

In the weeks that followed, unusual occurrences escalated. Eerie phone calls in the dead of night, strange figures lurking in alleyways, and a constant sense of being watched consumed our every waking moment. Tokyo, once a beacon of hope, held its own secrets.

I took it upon myself to dig deeper, to uncover the truth that lay hidden beneath the city's flashy exterior. But the more I ventured, the more I realized I was entangled in a web of darkness and deceit. Tokyo was not as it seemed, and our family's move was not a mere coincidence.

And so, as the moonlight danced through the curtains of our Tokyo apartment, I promised myself to unveil the secrets shrouding our lives. With each passing day, I grew stronger, more determined to protect my family and unearth the truth that threatened to tear us apart.

This is just the beginning of my journey, a journey that will test me in ways I never imagined. Tokyo may be a city of dreams, but it holds nightmares too. Join me as we navigate the shadows and unravel the enigma that surrounds my family's move to this captivating and dangerous city.