16

:) ? :( ?

Vic's POV

She stared up at me for a moment. Her lips were pale and dry and they shook with every breath she struggled to take. In fact, her whole face was pale, colorless. And despite the dark tones around her eyes, the deep hollows in her cheeks, and the skin peeling off her lips- her bright, chilling eyes would not let go of mine and every second that passed felt like an eternity.

She shifted her gaze. I did not.

Laurie tilted her head down, almost in shame. She curled up, slowly, as if she were scared to disturb anyone else with the sound of her movement. She whimpered. I wanted to hold her.

"You can't just come back Vic, after what you did.. " she paused. "After what you did.. I can't.. You can't.. You can't just come walking back into my life like nothing even happened! You can't Vic, you can't.. You can't you can't you can't." her words became separated with sobs and gasps of air. "Who even was she? What did she give you that I couldn't, Vic? I thought I was good to you.. I was good to you wasn't I? I thought you loved me like you said in all the songs you sang for me and all the poems you wrote for me and even all of the verses you whispered in my ear that ended up lost and forgotten and were never used.. I thought you loved me. I really thought you loved me."
I stared at her. I couldn't do anything but stare at her withered complexion, her tangled hair, and her malnourished figure and wonder, "Did I do this to her?"

I couldn't do anything. I couldn't be there for her, I couldn't protect her, I couldn't keep her. And this, this is because of me.

"Laurie" No words came out. "Laur-" Again. "L-"

" "

------------
Very very very short update :(