ATTRACTIVE

Six Years Ago
November 5th; 2018
Taylor Swift's Point of View
Tension hangs heavy in the air as Joe, and I stand facing each other in the dimly lit apartment. The familiar surroundings of my California home offer little solace as the weight of our unresolved issues bears down on us.

Words fly like arrows, sharp and cutting, as we hurl accusations and grievances at each other with reckless abandon. The tension that has been simmering beneath the surface finally boils over, erupting into a full-blown fight.

In the midst of the chaos, emotions run high, fueled by frustration and hurt. Every word spoken is like a dagger to the heart, tearing at the fragile threads that bind us together.

"That's your excuse for not going?" I question, feeling a surge of frustration bubbling inside me.

"I thought we wanted to keep this relationship private!" He makes a lame excuse that enrages me, and I can feel my blood boiling.

"I wanted to keep it private, but that doesn't mean we just stay in all day! I want to actually go out with you. Are you embarrassed of me?" The words tumble out of my mouth, a mix of hurt and indignation swirling within me.

"I'm not embarrassed of you! I just don't like being the center of attention. Your fans always ask if I can fight for some reason." His explanation falls flat, and I can't help but feel a pang of disappointment. He's an actor; attention is part of his job.

"Can you fucking fight? You really don't seem to give two shits about our relationship." I start to wail, my emotions getting the better of me. I want him to care so badly, and he doesn't seem to understand.

"What do you want from me? To change my personality?" He asks, his tone edged with passive aggression, and I feel a surge of frustration.

"I want you to be in a relationship, which means not hiding in all day. I want you to come to my own party at the end of the month!" I explain, my voice rising as I pace the room, the weight of my expectations heavy on my shoulders.

"It doesn't feel safe!" He explains, and I can't help but roll my eyes. 

"Why not?!" I ask, the irritation evident in my tone. I know the answer before he even speaks.

"You're Taylor Swift! That's why!" He answers, and it's like a broken record. I'm tired of hearing the same excuse.

"Oh my god, you're in a relationship with me. You signed up for this!" I try to reason with him, but it feels like talking to a brick wall. We've been together for two years; he should understand by now.

"Maybe have some respect for me when I'm freaking out about it!" He yells back, and I feel a flicker of guilt, wondering if I've been too harsh.

"Fuck this. I'm going out and clearly not with you." I snap, unable to contain my frustration any longer, and I storm away, feeling a mix of anger and hurt pulsing through me.

"Fine, go have fun." He angrily snarls, and I can't help but feel a pang of regret as I leave, wondering where things went wrong.

With a sense of determination, I swiftly change into something stylish and apply my makeup with practiced precision. As I glance at myself in the mirror, a wave of confidence washes over me, a silent reminder that I am capable of facing the world on my own terms.

Ignoring the lingering tension in the apartment, I grab my purse and head out the door, the cool night air a welcome reprieve from the stifling atmosphere inside. The allure of an upscale club in downtown beckons to me, promising a night of excitement and distraction.

As I make my way through the bustling streets of the city, my thoughts drift to Blake, a friend who have always been there for me, even in the darkest of times. Their invitation to join them tonight offers a glimmer of hope amidst the turmoil of my relationship with Joe.