TENTATIVE

Continued
May 31st; 2024
Taylor Swift's Point of View
My phone buzzes in my hand, and I see it's a text from Gigi. Ugh, with her obsession with cats, it's probably another "OMG, you HAVE to see this adorable kitten!" video. Okay I might be hypocritical. I can always call Mom later as a flicker of curiosity ignites. Maybe it's something different this time? With a tap, I open the message.

The screen fills with a link, not a video. Huh. A podcast? Interesting, I didn't know Gigi was into that. The sleek logo "New Heights" catches my eye. Something about those names seems familiar, but I can't quite place them.

Just as I'm about to send a quick text back to Gigi asking what this is all about, the video starts playing automatically. The first guy on screen has a full, impressive beard that practically screams "lumberjack chic."

"Speaking of Taylor Swift," he says, leaning forward with a mischievous grin, "I know you went to her concert. How was it?"

Before I can even process that, a second guy pipes up. He's got shorter, scruffier facial hair and a glint of green in his eyes that makes me do a double take.

"Yeah, well, I was disappointed," he replies, shaking his head. "She doesn't talk before or after the shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs that she sings so I was a little butt hurt I didn't get to hand her one of the friendship bracelets I made for her." There's a playful jab in his tone, hinting at something more behind his words.

"You made her a bracelet?" the other guy questions, amusement lacing his voice.

"Yeah," the second guy replies, a smirk playing on his lips. "If you're up on Taylor Swift concerts there are friendship bracelets and I received a bunch of them being there but I wanted to give Taylor Swift one with my number on it. Alright nah."

"Your number as in 87, or your phone number..." The first guy says, raising an eyebrow.

"You know which one," the second guy mischievously smiles, and the first guy lets out a laugh. "She doesn't meet anybody, or at least didn't want to meet me so I took it personal."

"She probably just hasn't gotten over the Super Bowl yet," the first guy muses. "She's a big Eagles fan. Maybe she just made something up and didn't want to talk to you."

"Damn it," the second guy mutters, cursing under his breath.

Even if, by some crazy chance, she took your bracelet and called you," the first guy continues, "would you even go out with her?"

"Jason," the second guy says, using the first guy's name for the first time, "she's been out of the dating game since she had a kid. Still gotta show the lady some respect, right?"

Okay, so lumberjack beard's name is Jason.

"Wait, Taylor Swift has a kid?" Jason questions immediately.

The other guy, throws his hands up dismissively. "This isn't exactly breaking news, Jason. She's got a kid, like, five years old."

Jason's jaw literally drops. "What?!" he shouts, clearly stunned. A smug grin creeps across the other man's face.

"Seems you're a little out of the loop on celebrity gossip," he throws some playful shade, clearly enjoying Jason's lack of knowledge.

"Hey," Jason defends himself. "I can't be blamed for being out of the loop. I have three actual kids of my own, Travis."

Ah, so the other guy is Travis.

"So if you weren't planning on dating her," Jason asks, "why the whole bracelet thing?"