Kabanata 23

Kabanata 23

Revenge

I chose to ignore his calls.

Alam ko madalas pangunahan ako ng damdamin pero hindi dapat ako magpadala ngayon doon. I tried to calm myself down as I continue to read the articles.

Sinabi na unang nagkilala sina Zahiro Cariazo at Rufellio Alegre noon sa high school. They became best friend ever since. Dahil parehong lumaki sa hirap, parehong nangarap na guminhawa ang buhay. While my father managed to achieve success, Zamiro's father was tragically disabled early in life due to illness.

I know about that part of the story. But what shocked me was Wynnona Ramos-Delina is the long lost twin-sister of Alwynna Cariazo. Nabanggit nga sa akin ni Zamiro na may kakambal ang ina niya pero hindi ko inaasahan na si Wynnona Ramos-Delina iyon.

He never told me this.

I don't get it. I looked at the picture of Zamiro's mother surfing the in the article. Hindi sila magkamukha! Paano niya naging kapatid ito?

"Ma'am Rian, ang mabuti pa contact-in mo si Sir Leo," Manang disrupted me.

Napakagat ako sa aking labi at tumango. Everything went fast in just two days. Umuwi si Rafaela at si Tito Leo ang tumawag at nakipag deal sa aming family lawyer. Even though I badly want to meet my parents—to clarify the accusations from them first— we're not permitted to visit them yet.

Wala ako magawa kung hindi maghintay na lamang ng balita. The company my father is working with hasn't released a statement regarding his embezzlement of funds. Mabuti na lang ay pumayag si Theodore Delina na makipag meeting kay Tito Leo. Kaya agad akong sumama.

"It's difficult to accept, even for me, Leo," Theodore Delina expressed with disappointment.

"I find it hard to believe. Could he have been framed? I know Rufellio not just as my sister's husband, but I've also known him personally."

Tumango ako kay Tito Leo. Maybe this was made to destroy his name? My father was on the verge of receiving another reward for being the top engineer of the year in the country.

"I treat Rufellio as both a friend and family, not just as a mere employee. You know that, Leo. I placed my trust in him because he had proven himself over a long period, and I witnessed the results firsthand. But the investigation is clear that a substantial amount of funds have been embezzled from the company over the past years."

Nadismaya ako sa sinabi ni Theodore Delina. Nakita niya naman iyon kaya malumanay siyang ngumiti sa akin.

"The evidence is undeniable. There are discrepancies in project budgets, invoices for work that was never completed, and transfers to accounts that have no legitimate connection to our business. Not only did he siphon off millions of dollars, but he also falsified records to cover his tracks. His actions have jeopardized the future of the company and betrayed the trust of everyone."

Habang nagpapatuloy siya ay nanghihina ako. My father wasn't a good father pero naniniwala ako na hindi niya magagawa iyon. May pera naman kami. Hindi niya kailangan magnakaw ng gano'n!

"Even though I want to withdraw the case at magbayad na lamang siya, I cannot simply overlook the concerns of my shareholders and board of directors. Frankly, this isn't about the losses of funds for me; it's all about the lives of stakeholders he would endanger if he wasn't discovered about the fraud within subsidiaries."

"He would never do something like this. Lalo na alam ko kung paano niya pinaglaban si Ate noon dahil sa mahirap lamang siya. Pinakita niyang kaya niya umahon sa buhay sa mga magulang ko. He never wavered in his principles, even when offered millions by my mother," Tito Leo said like he's talking to himself.