1.4 Testing Powers

Y/N and Freddy collected their bags and walked towards the door. They planned on getting to school early to initiate their main plan. Just as they were about to reach the front door, they heard someone clear their throat behind them. They turned around to see Darla standing on the stairs. She was wearing a pink dress and plastic tiara.

Y/N: Oh! I forgot. Today is not a good day.

Darla: But you promised. Good brothers should make time if they want good sisters to keep secrets.

Y/N and Freddy looked at each other. They rolled their eyes and sighed.

Darla: The dress code is holiday-festive.

After a few moments, Y/N was ready. He had agreed to a tea party with Darla. The teenager was now in his superpowered form wearing a crown of fluffy cotton balls and pom poms. Darla poured a cup of tea for him.

 Darla poured a cup of tea for him

Darla: That's better.

Y/N smiled weakly at her and looked down at the beverage.

Darla: So, when you get struck by lightning, does it hurt?

They both picked up their tea cups to drink.

Darla: Pinkies up. 

Y/N thought for a moment regarding her question.

Y/N: Um, no, it doesn't really hurt. It kind of feels like, um... Wow, that's actually a really good question.

Darla: Thank you.

Y/N: Uh... Oh, you know what it feels like? You know when you sneeze, but it feels good and you get the chills? Feels like that. But without the sneezing part.

Darla: Fascinating.

Y/N: It is, isn't it?

Darla: And when you change into a grown-up, where do your clothes go?

Y/N: That's also a great question.

Darla: Thank you.

Y/N: I really don't know, to be honest. Like, I don't even know where all this goes when I change back. It's pretty weird.

He took a sip of the tea she made and looked at it.

Y/N: Why does your tea taste like Snickers?

Darla: Oh. There's candy bars in the teapot. I add them for flavor, but they get real soggy.

Y/N: Uh, huh.

Darla: Still, good to load up on sugar and caffeine before the dancing starts.

Y/N: What? Dancing?

As Y/N and Darla danced in her room, the floor beneath them began to sag a bit. Downstairs, Rosa could hear loud thumping as some of the paint of the ceiling started to peel off. She looked over at Freddy with a questioning look.