4.7 Fun and Games

Y/N and Kara continued to walk through the dark forest of the Darklands, looking for any way out. They didn't know exactly where they were going, only that they had to find some structure for shelter in this desolate land. Curious, Kara decided to ask Y/N about his powers.

Kara: So, that wizard guy gave you six your powers from a group of ancient gods?

Y/N: Well, he only gave me the powers. I shared them with the rest of my family. It was the only way to save them at the time and make sure the magic was safe.

Kara: And this Sivana guy...?

Y/N: He once tried to kill us and take my powers using a group of demons.

Kara: And you keep said demons trapped in statues sitting in your lair?

Y/N: Pretty much, yeah. It's fun to mock them and they really add character to the place. 

Kara: Back to your powers, what all can you do?

Y/N: Well... really a lot of things similar to you, actually. Flight, super-strength, super-speed, nigh invulnerability. But instead of laser eyes, I can shoot lightning out of my fingers. I also transform into a completely other guy which is cool. I can also perform spells, although I have yet to master that power. 

Kara nodded, somewhat understanding but still slight confused by his "other guy" comment. The two continued walking, looking over their shoulders to make sure they weren't being followed by any strange creature.

Kara: So... you fight monsters like these on the regular?

Y/N: Sometimes. I once actually fought a giant dragon. I sacrificed myself and died just so I could kill it as well. But I got better, so that's good.

Kara was now even more confused by his statement. She looked at him with a puzzled face. 

Kara: You're odd.

Y/N: I'll take that as a complement. I mean, we all are in this world, really. I mean, a girl who fell from the stars and can fly, looking and acting pretty much like a goddess. That sounds normal to you?

Kara chuckled, shaking her head. Y/N was lightly blushing at hearing her laugh.

Kara: I'll take it you've met a few goddesses?

Y/N: A few. They were a real pain in the ass.

Kara: And where do I stack up against them?

Y/N: A solid 10 out of 10, perfection, magnificent. You at least haven't tried to kill me.

They both now shared a nice chuckle over his comment. Another question then came into Kara's head.

Kara: I have another question.

Y/N: Okay. Ask away.

Kara: Why do you fight? I mean, you don't really seem like a warrior to me, even if you try to sometimes act like one.

Y/N: Ouch.

Kara: But... why do you fight for people you are essentially above? People living in a world that mocks and discredits you? A world full of pain, suffering, conflict, and war? What do you fight for? 

Y/N thought about that for a moment. He then gave his response.

Y/N: I fight for my family. I fight for those who care about me and whom I love. But I also fight for those who are just like them. Sure, our world can be cruel and mean and full of guys who want to kick you at every corner, but there's also some beauty in it. And we aren't perfect. But your cousin has always been the perfect inspiration for all of us. We need to generate hope for people. Hope for a better future. I guess that's what I fight for.