𝟎𝟏𝟖. 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐬

TRAVELLING RIVERSIDE BLUES
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter eighteen, season one

[ tw: john winchester . . . assault ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟒
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

   𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐌'𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐑. I was hoping that, after all this time of no conversation, he'd answer the phone. It's his twenty-first birthday which, according to everyone, is an important birthday, so I was hoping he'd answer so I can wish him a happy birthday. However, deep down, I figured he wouldn't answer the phone as he hasn't picked up for the past year.

Every year since he left, I've tried to call him on his birthday, and every time he hasn't answered. I shouldn't be surprised that the phone reaches his voicemail again, but it pains me to listen to it because I just want to hear from him.

Defeated and devastated, I throw my cellphone to one side, watching as it accidentally hits the floor. We're staying in another motel room— one outside of Sioux Falls. Dad is on a hunting trip with Bobby, and I'm stuck in this tiny room with Dean which, in actuality, isn't all that bad because Dad isn't here.

Dean's currently at a bar much to my disapproval, but I can't stop him from going out. Besides, Dad won't be coming back tonight as he's already called to let us know, so I'm safe, meaning Dean can do whatever he wants tonight. I just hope he doesn't bring a girl back.

   Dean and Dad had an argument before he left for the case, and I've noticed they've been at odds with one another for the past few months— more than they have before, and while it's nice to have the heat taken off me, I can't help but be concerned for Dean. When Dad and Dean fight, they fight, and I can barely do anything. If I get involved, I'll get hit just as hard, and that's the last thing Dean needs, so I stay back.

   Honestly, I'm relieved he's getting some time to himself, especially after all he's suffered recently, but I do wish I could spend time with him as my other brother doesn't want to talk to me.

   Speaking of him, I go to pick up the cellphone again and I try to call him one more time before I accept defeat. After a few rings, the phone hits voicemail, and I'm chucking the cellphone to one side again. All I want is for him to answer, for him to tell me how Stanford is, and how his birthday is going, but he won't answer.