Chapter 3

Trigger warning: homophobic slur

Derek's POV

"Derek, can you help me in the bathroom for a sec, I need someone to help," someone asks through my door. 

I look at my phone on the bedside table and see it's 4:00 AM.

"Okay," I groan, getting pants on before leaving my room. I did not put a shirt on, but that's probably alright. It's not like they haven't seen me without a shirt.

"Aight, so I need your help with Kai," Jax tells me.

"What did he do this time?" I ask.

"I think he got food poisoning."

"Jesus Christ."

"Yeah. He's puking his guts out into the toilet, and I don't wanna go in there to be honest. It's so fucking nasty in there, I can't believe how much he's just nonstop puking," he states.

"And why do you need me to help?" 

"Because everyone else isn't answering. You're the only one that's definitely awake." So basically, I shouldn't have answered.

"So you need me to get towels or something?" I ask.

"Yeah. Get towels, but I would also be so happy with you if you went out and got Gatorade or some kind of sports drink for him, that usually helps with food poisoning."

"Aight sure. We told him not to eat Sbarro, but he just didn't listen."

"Yeah. I knew this shit wouldn't end well," Jax says, walking back to stand right outside the bathroom and try to calm Kai down. I can damn near hear Kai puking into the toilet.

"Alright, I'll go to the store," I say, getting a whiff of the puke.

"I can go if you don't want to," Jax says and I shake my head at him.

"Nah, I'm good, I don't want to have to smell that shit."

"Kai!! Flush the toilet!" Jax yells towards the bathroom.

"Okay!" Kai answers.

"Aight, I'll see you soon."

I go back into my room to put a shirt on before I grab the keys to the sprinter and get in, pulling out my phone and locating the nearest 7/11. I'll probably grab some other shit while I'm there, like gummy bears and protein powder. I need more protein powder for sure, that's the first thing I'll look for.

I drive to the 7/11, grabbing some Gatorade, some Pepto Bismol, a fucking massive pack of gummy bears, and instead of protein powder just decide to get some Quest. It's good enough and I like chocolate milk. Only the not super sweet chocolate milk, the other kinds of chocolate milk are the sweetest shit ever and they make me nauseous. 

"That'll be $30," the cashier tells me. 

I pull all of the money in my pocket out and hand it to the cashier. I don't know how much that was. It might be only $20, it might be $50. I really don't know. I am terrible at keeping track of my money.

"Thank you for coming in," he says, handing me the change and the bag of shit I just bought.

I get back in the sprinter and return back to the house, where Jax is pacing back and forth in the hallway, biting his nails.

"I'm back," I say.

"Thank God, I'm actually kind of worried about Kai," Jax says, taking the Pepto Bismol and Gatorade from me. "Can you share those gummy bears?"

"I bought these for myself, but maybe."

Me and Jax go back upstairs and the gut wrenching stench of the bathroom returns. It smells like what I imagine Jabba the Hutt's insides would smell like. Just utter shit. I feel bad for him too, his usually beautiful skin is pale as fuck and he looks like he's about to die.