Chapter 17

Adrian's POV

Today I'm gonna be hanging out with Julian. He's cool, I really think he's a good person, but he's not a person I'm romantically wanting. I think he's an amazing guy, but like I've said before, physical attraction does not translate to romantical attraction, and that's what happened with Cameron, Devin, Aaron, and DeShaun for years. I've always thought the four of them were extremely attractive, but I've never wanted to date any of them. 

Derek is the only person that I've actually wanted to date that's close to me. I'll be hanging out with him later today after I hang out with Julian. I'm gonna call Julian to make sure he still wants to hang out today. 

I pull out my phone and find Julian's number, calling him. Devin never came back to our room last night. I think he was staying with Alicia all night. That's fine, I don't need someone in here with me. 

"Hey Julian," I say after he answers the call. 

"Hey, Adrian, what's up?" 

"I just wanted to make sure we're still hanging out today." 

"Oh, shit. I forgot. My family is in town this week. If you want to meet all of them, I think they would be cool with meeting you," Julian states. 

"Alright, I'll go with you. Please tell me your family isn't weird or anything." 

"They're fine," Julian laughs. "My brother's a little offputting, so sorry about that. I'm gay, but I'm not zesty. My brother is zesty as hell, so sorry if he might annoy you." 

"It's fine, don't worry about it. When should we go over?" I ask. 

"I don't know. It's kind of early right now, and I just got out of the shower, so maybe in 20 minutes or so, if that's alright with you." 

"That sounds good. I'll see you then." 

"Yup. See you then." 

I hang up and get ready. It's weird hanging out with someone that you know has feelings for you, it's just kind of confusing. A guy likes me and I'm willingly hanging out with him as just friends. I like him as a friend though, so I don't think it's really that uncomfortable. It's just weird and confusing. 

20 minutes later, I leave my room and go downstairs and Julian is sitting on a chair downstairs, waiting for me to come downstairs. 

"Hey, what's up," Julian says, dapping me up. We begin to walk out towards his car. 

"Nothing much, how about you?" 

"Same as you, I guess. I'm glad my family is here, so that's something." 

"Do they know you're gay?" I ask and he nods. 

"Yeah. I came out to them first, before any of my friends, and they're cool about it. I think I told you before, I have a sister that's married and a younger brother, so this generation is probably not gonna be the end of the bloodline." 

I chuckle a little at this. "Are you sure your zesty brother will be any help?" 

Julian laughs as well. "I don't know. He's unbelievably zesty, so I wouldn't really be surprised if he turns out to be gay. I don't care that much, obviously, because I'm gay too. I just hope my parents are fine with raising two gay sons. And by the way, my sister was with 6 different guys during high school, so they also raised a thot daughter." 

"Damn, that's rough as a parent. At least your sister's married now." 

"Yeah. I'm happy for her. Don't tell anyone I said this, but her husband is hot. Also, don't tell my brother or sister about anything I just told you," Julian says.