145-146

145: Pastries

On this day the weather was warm and gentle. As the sun outside was up, in the East courtyard of the Shen residence, Chen Rou Qiu was sitting down with Shen Tzuyu chatting.

These days because Chen Rou Qiu instructed Shen Tzuyu to start choosing a husband, Shen Tzuyu had quarrelled several rounds with Chen Rou Qiu. But the usually gentle Chen Rou Qiu became extremely unyielding for the first time. Shen Tzuyu had no other choice, and could only give a cold face as she interacted with Chen Rou Qiu. Gradually in the course of time, animosity grew between the mother and daughter.

It was somewhat rare to see both of them sitting together peacefully like today.

"One heard that Shen Lisa was kidnapped and till now there is still no news." Shen Tzuyu picked a fruit from the porcelain plate, and was taking joy at the calamity and delight in the disaster as she ate it, "One do not know if she is still alive or not?"

Chen Rou Qiu frowned. She wanted to train Shen Tzuyu to become undisturbed by favour or disgrace, at least on the surface she had a look of gentleness and elegance. But when comparing Shen Tzuyu to when Chen Rou Qiu was young, there was much less calmness. It was still alright on the outward appearance but in the house, all emotions were exposed without omission. This made Chen Rou Qiu very worried.

"Just who was the one who kidnapped her?" Shen Tzuyu muttered to oneself irresolutely, "Eldest Bo have a number of enemies in the Ding capital. This time one do not know who was the one who took action."

"Since they dared to take such a risk and venture, there must be some deep hatred with Shen Lisa. Other people were not targeted and to solely kidnap Shen Lisa meant that this was directed at her." Chen Rou Qiu said, "In addition, the Shen family's army had searched for so many days, but was unable to find any whereabouts, so the opponents are good at hiding. This time everything bodes ill, and there are no positive signs for Shen Lisa."

Hearing that, Shen Tzuyu was initially somewhat fearful before she suddenly thought about something and smiled, "Speaking of it, I would rather that she live." She then did not continue on.

After been kidnapped for this long, even if one was alive, most likely one would have suffered a lot of torture. The most hurtful things in the living world were formless rumours. If Shen Lisa died then all troubles would have ended for her but if alive, who knew what ugly things would be said. There were a number of young females that were rescued after being kidnapped, and even though they had saved their lives, at the end they were unable to stand the criticising eyes of others, and ended their lives with a long white silk.

Not to mention that Shen Lisa was the Di daughter of the Formidable Great General.

Chen Rou Qiu took a look at Shen Tzuyu and sighed, "No matter what, this is after all her business. Tzuyu-er, these days you did not even talk to your Father. Till when will you act in spite?"

If one were to say about the matter of selecting a husband, it could make Shen Tzuyu grumble about Chen Rou Qiu, and towards Shen Wan, Shen Tzuyu had some bitter resentment against. From the mouths of the servants, she then came to be aware that it was Shen Wan that made Chen Rou Qiu set Shen Tzuyu up with others in a rush. Thus Shen Tzuyu placed all the blame onto Shen Wan and thought that Shen Wan wanted her to marry early on, so as to help his career and also provide additional strength to the Third Household. Thus during these days Shen Tzuyu did not even speak to Shen Wan at all. At this moment upon hearing what Chen Rou Qiu said, Shen Tzuyu became impatient, "One often do not see Father's shadow all day, how would I speak to him?" Finishing, she then turned her head aside in spite and ignored Chen Rou Qiu.

Chen Rou Qiu was startled slightly and suddenly thought about it. Shen Tzuyu's words were not wrong. These few days one did not know if it was due to the busy work from the court, but even Chen Rou Qiu's and Shen Wan's encounters were shorter. Previously, there would be gentle mischief and poetry every now and then, but these few days Shen Wan was somewhat preoccupied.