231: Return Of An Old Friend (Part-5,6,7,8)

Empress Jisoo suddenly thought of something and said, "Tomorrow one would dig up the two earthern jugs of snow wine that I buried under the plum trees last year. It would most probably be very fragrant when it is open. Your Majesty should come with me and at the same time bury this year's one in. WangFei and Young Lady Luo should also come. After digging it out, let us go to Cui Hu Pavilion in the evening to drink and appreciate the lotus flowers while tasting the snow wine."

Luo Jennie was gluttonous so naturally she agreed to it. Shen Lisa also nodded her head but Emperor Namjoon was somewhat helpless. Empress Jisoo only had nterest in brewing tea and wine so when she was happy, she was like a child. But at the end he nodded his head. When Empress Jisoo saw it, she was very satisfied and continued eating while chatting with Shen Lisa on some interesting matters.

The next day happened to be a sunny day. Summer usually came earlier in Long Ye but fortunately the mornings were the coolest so Shen Maio and Luo Jennie went over early. Shen Lisa was heavily pregnant and could not accompany Empress Jisoo to dig out personally. Luo Jennie was loud and had big movements thus fearing that she would mess things up, Empress Jisoo and Tao GuGu dug it up.

Emperor Namjoon said, "Quickly get up, it is not good to hurt one's hands."

"In the past years it had always been ChenQie and Tao GuGu that dug out together." Empress Jisoo's forehead had beads of sweat shimmering but she was in all smiles when she continued, "Snow wine had to be personally dug out for it to taste fragrant. In the future if Your Majesty have interest, one can also personally bury one and dig one out, then one would know how it is experienced." When she spoke, she and Tao GuGu had dug out another jar.

Emperor Namjoon suddenly frowned and paused before pressing his chest in silence.

Empress Jisoo carried one of the earthern jug. That jug was particularly small and adorable thus one did not need much effort to carry it. She did not find it dirty and did not fear that the soil would get onto her clothes, as if one was carrying a treasure, she lifted it to Emperor Namjoon and unblugged the jug under Emperor Namjoon's nose and asked, "May His Majesty smell if it is fragrant or not?"

"It is very fragrant." Emperor Namjoon said with a frown.

Empress Jisoo looked at him, "Is Your Majesty not find it good? Else why would there be such an expression? Could it be that it had gone bad?" She was somewhat suspicious and went to smell it.

Emperor Namjoon smiled gently and just as he was about to speak, his eyes went black and he missed a step and fell down!

"Your Majesty!" Empress Jisoo jumped in shock and the little jug of snow wine fell onto the ground. The grangrant aroma was mixed with the debris, making the area smell lightly bitter.

"Quick call the Imperial Physician!" Shen Lisa quickly instructed but there was an inauspicious hunch that rang in her heart.

*****

The gauze was put down and the master of the Gao family had finally arrived.

This was Gao Taehyung's grandfather, Gao Zhan.

The Gao family was a lineage of family that practiced medication and was also quite famous in Long Ye. Among the youngest generation in the Gao family, Gao Taehyung's medical skills was the most outstanding one he was one that was restless and wholeheartedly wanted to enter officialdom. The Gao family's leader saw that he was so stubborn and thus simply drove him out of the Gao residence. Empress Jisoo was sympathetic to Gao Taehyung's talents and afterwards arranged him to head to Ming Qi and become Xie Jungkook's good friend and also assisting Xie Jungkook.

At the beginning Emperor Namjoon's poison was discovered by Gao Zhan himself. If it was not Gao Zhan that had such high level of medical skills, Emperor Namjoon would not have lived for so many years. However the curse of thirty five years had passed and those who knew felt that it was a miracle but this miracle was not easy to create.