229-230

229: Exchanging

Ye Mei Yeri and Ye Ke jumped into Jin Xing Ming's horse carriage. Speaking of which, Jin Xing Ming had a bit of abilities that he had bought off the servants in the Prime Minister's residence. Even in such a cause, Ye Mei Yeri and Ye Ke were still discovered by the Palace people who were guarding outside. As the carriage ran in front, there were a number of soldiers and officials chasing behind.

Ye Ke looked out of the carriage window and saw the darkness of the night and the galloping sounds of the horses behind were exceptionally clear and it made his heart tightened. He looked someone fearful towards Ye Mei Yeri and said, "Older Sister, what can be done? If they caught us, one fear that we are finished." He then urged the driver of the carriage, "Can you hurry up!"

That driver whipped his horse whip harder and the speed of the horse was much faster, making Ye Ke's heart settled down a little. Suddenly he thought about something, "Older Sister, when did you prepare all this? If you did not have preparations and get the carriage ready, one fear that we would be caught up not far after we flee."

"Naturally I have long planned for these things." Ye Mei Yeri would not tell Ye Ke that it was Jin Xing Ming that arranged this horse carriage and would not tell Ye Ke at all that they would be fleeing with Jin Xing Ming. Or it could be said that in Ye Mei Yeri's initial plans, there was no Ye Ke such a person in it.

Seeing that the carriage was about to turn into a corner, Ye Mei Yeri looked out and said, "This cannot do. With both of us in a carriage, it is definitely easier for them to catch up and by putting their full force they would be able to do so. It is better to separate and meet up at Ba Bao Street."

"Must we separate?" Ye Ke was at his most anxious moment thus when he heard that he was to separate from Ye Mei Yeri, he was immediately anxious. He said, "Let's leave together so that there is someone to watch over during the journey."

"It would be easier for the soldiers to catch up if we are together. Rest assured, you will stay in the horse carriage. I will go down first and this driver will bring you to a hidden route to Ba Bao Street which we will meet up. All the matters afterwards had been arranged accordingly, nothing will happen."

Upon hearing that he need not get off the carriage, Ye Ke's heart calmed down and he no longer stopped Ye Mei Yeri. Ye Mei Yeri instructed the driver to stop by the corner of the street and pulled up the cape of her coat to hide her face before disappearing into the night.

The carriage continued to go forward with Ye Ke.

When Ye Ke's figure could no longer be seen, Ye Mei Yeri watched the disappearing carriage and her lips under the veil slowly hooked up. She walked to the other end and found little house before she knocked. After not long, someone opened the doors and Ye Mei Yeri quickly went in.

In the dark, that person asked, "Is everything settled?"

Ye Mei Yeri nodded her head.

At another end, Ye Ke was sitting in the horse carriage. After Ye Mei Yeri had gotten off, the driver's speed had gotten much faster. Gradually the pursuing voices got weaker and Ye Ke's heart became slightly comforted and when he finally could not hear any sounds of the pursuing soldiers, he felt that the bumps on the journey someone uncomfortable and said, "It is alright to slow down."

That driver turned a deaf ear and still drove the horse carriage quickly. Ye Ke was somewhat dissatisfied and pull apart the carriage before getting a shock.

How was this still the city? This was clearly up in the mountain!

Because the mountain roads were rugged, the bumps made the journey more difficult. Ye Ke jumped in shocked and remembered that Ba Bao Street was not that far away so why did this driver come here? He said, "Stop going forward! Return to Ba Bao Stree!"