hollywood (1995)

~ tech rehearsal ~

Static comes through the speakers, which echo through the hall. All the staff cover their ears, and just as they do, the static fades away to hear:

123

Take off
Last stop
Countdown till we blast open the top.
Face first
Full charge
An electric hammer to the heart

The band's music echos through the hall. Staff start listening closely to their tech run; it's a new type of music that they have not heard before. The music sends waves through their bodies, like they are connecting to the band.

When all the days look black and white, those are the best days of our lives.
Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising.
Up right now
And even if we
Hit the ground.
We'll still fly.
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever.
But live it like it's now or never.

Reggie winks at the worker watching against the barrier, making her smirk. All the workers stop what they're doing and look to the band as they start clapping along with the music, and the workers join in.

Don't look down
'Cause we're still rising up right now.
And even if we hit the ground
We'll still fly.
Keep dreaming like we'll live forever.
But live it like it's now or never.
It's now or never. (Now or never.)

A cheer erupts from the workers before they continue getting on with their cleaning or working. The one worker that Reggie winked at cheered again, making the boys smile.

"were sunset curve". "Tell your friends."

The boys all jump down from the stage, chattering about food—something called "street dogs"—as t they make their way to the worker. "I'm a vegetarian," Bobby states as they reach the girl. "I'm Rose," she smiles, holding her hand out to shake with the boys as they each introduce themselves.

"Im Bobby,", "im Luke, "Im Reggie," "Alex," she smiles at them, talking about how good their rehearsal was. "Here's our demo. And a T-shirt. Size beautiful," Reggie flirts, handing her the shirt. She laughs. "I'll be sure not to wipe the tables with this one," she jokes, smiling at the four boys. "Oh, good call. Whenever they get wet, they just kind of fall apart in your hands." Luke hits Alex's shoulder, laughing lightly. "Don't you guys have hotdogs to get?" Bobby says, turning to the boys. "Oh yeah, he had a hamburger for lunch." Luke leans over to the girls, laughing, and then Luke, Reggie, and Alex leave the ophenaum.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Luke Celebartes leaves the theatre, and Reggie chuckles, "The smell of Sunset Boulevard?" Alex responds that he is actually confused by Luke's statement. "No," Luke Chuckles "It's what that girl said in there tonight. About our music, all right? It's like energy. It connects us with people. They can feel us when we play. I want that connection with everybody." They continue through the alley, reaching the "street dog" vendor. "Man, I can't wait until we eat someplace where the condiments aren't served out of the back of an Oldsmobile." Reggie says he placed a pickle on his hotdog.

"Eat up, boys. 'Cause after tonight, everything changes." The boys cheer and bite into their food. Alex looks around, confused. "That's a new flavour," Luke laughs. "Chill, man. Street dogs haven't killed us yet."