Bobby or Trevor

"Camis "has a crush, and his name is uke."

Me and Flynn walk over to Julie together and hear her humming a tune. I laugh, "Hey, what's up?" Julie says she is taking her headphones out and closing her locker door. "It's good seeing you back to yourself, wierdo self," Flynn says quickly. "Thanks," Julie laughs, and we start walking to music together. "How's the band still talented?" Flynn says, "Still hot." I add in a hushed tone, and Julie clearly says, Here's cause her head snaps to me. "I'm kidding," I say quickly. Julie laughs, "Amazing, we spent the whole weekend writing songs." I smile. "We?" Flynn says, "Well, Cami and Luke were writing together; I was just watching," Julie says, and I laugh awkwardly. "You want to hear," I say. "Duh," Flynn says, and together we head to the music room.

"So here's the first song; Luke and I wrote this one," I say.

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great, great, great

Flynn smiles, "Wow, I like it, definite gaga vibes," which makes me laugh. "Thanks, listen to the one Julie wrote!" I say moving so Julie can sit down. "It's one me and my mom started; we finished it."

And it's one, two, three, four times that I'll try for one more night.
Light a fire in my eyes.
I'm going out of my mind.

"It's beautiful," Flynn says, smiling. "Luke is really good. I say, "Flynn laughs, "and Camis got a crush, and his name is Luke." I laugh, "Whatttt, nooo, Luke...lukes a ghost," I say. "A cute ghost," Julie adds.

"With a perfect smile," I say.

Flynn laughs, pointing at me. "Ha! I knew it, just remember he's made of air." I laugh, "cute air." Julie walks over and puts her arm over my shoulder. "Just don't get hurt, yea?" I nod. "Everyone is asking when you guys are going to play again," Flynn says, and I laugh. "Play again?!" I say, looking to Flynn. "We have nothing planned," Julie adds. Flynn smiles, reaching into her bag. "Good thing your marketing team is prepared," she says, pulling out a flyer and sliding it across the piano.

"You're playing the school dance tonight, and I'm DJ-ing too." I look up "tonight!" Julie and I look at each other. "No, this is in front of the whole school," Julie says. Flynn laughs and picks up her phone. "I already posted it on social media, and you have (buzz) 68 likes," Flynn says, walking away.

later that day.

We head to Julie's studio. "Were we playing a school dance? sweet!" Reggie says, looking at the flyer, "I'm passing the floor, Julie is watering the plants, and Luke is playing with his pen, writing in his notebook. "Not exactly the strip," Luke says. "And you're not exactly alive," I say. "Yeah, be grateful we have a gig," Reggie adds. "I wasn't in love with the idea at first," Julie says. "I'm still not," I say, quickly looking up and then pacing again, biting at my nails.

"But it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?" Julie says. let out a heavy sign and fall onto the couch. "Yeah. We need to play wherever we can, whenever we can," Luke says. He comes and sits next to me, pulling my hand away from my mouth and stopping me from chewing at my nails. "No, your right," I say, defeated. "Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs," Luke says, holding my hands and pulling me off the sofa. "And then record a single that gets a billion streams?" Julie says. "Start making music videos?" I add. "I don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour." Julie laughs at Luke's confidence. "Then we release a bunch of hit albums," I add, laughing as well.

"Put out a country album that does surprisingly well!" Reggie adds.

We suddenly all stop giving Reggie a funny look, and he gulps, almost intimidated by the sudden attention. "I shred on the banjo, so..." we laugh, "then I learn how to fiddle," Julie says, high diving reggie. "I can boot scoot," I add. Julie laughs; the others just look confused. "It's a dance," I say defensively as I start demonstrating. Luke stops me by yelling, "And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame." We laugh, and then Reggie interrupts with a serious tone. "But one of us isn't there." I gasped dramatically. "Because we had a blowout in 2032." Luke says "My bets are on Alex. He's just too sensitive."

We laugh together until Luke punches the piano. "What are we waiting for?" he says. "Let's get rehearsing."

"Uh, where is Alex?" I say quickly.

Everyone shrugs, but we sit down, choose a song, and get rehearsed.

2 hours later

Alex poofs in, "Oh, hey, Alex," I say, quickly standing up. "Come on, dude, we gotta rehearse," Luke says, pulling him to his drum set. "For what?" I open my mouth to explain when Flynn bursts into "DANCE NEWS." She says, "I don't have a date," sitting down on the couch. "Butttt, I'm totally psyched to hear you guys play again!" Alex looks up. "Aww, man, we are playing a school dance," he says, disgusted.

"Of course, dude. That's how we get a following now." Luke says, winking at me. I laugh and say, "Yeah, get with the times, Alex." Flynn gasps, "What! The guys are here?" She turns to the side. "Hey guys," they laugh. "Other way, sweetie," Julie says, and Flynn turns a wave in the other direction. The boys wave back.

"Okay, well, now that Alex has graced us with his presence, can we start working?"

shortly after Carlos graces us with his presence

"I'm just trying to protect you," he finishes. Julie signals to Flynn, "GuESS, who's hungry!" She says, "Carlos, salt me a path to the kitchen." Carlos leaves, and Flynn follows. leaving me, Julie, and the boys to rehearse.

"Hey girls, remind me later. I have some sunset curve songs to show you," Luke says. I look at Julie. "Oh, show us now," she says. Luke smiles, like a small child on Christmas. "Yeah, ok!" he says happily. He pulls his notebook out of his bag. "Home is where my horse is, Reggie! Stop putting your country songs in my notebook," he says, chucking it on the floor. I laugh slightly. "Hey, that! was a gift!" Reggie says. Luke walks over, handing the book to me. Julie leans over. "My dog saw the ones I think you would slay." I cringe.

"Who's Emily?" Julie says, taking the book.

"That ones not dog eared," Luke says, trying to snatch his book back. Julie throws the book at me. "If you could only know that I would never let you go," I read. "Luke, I didn't know you were such a romantic," Julie says. I hand her back the book, slightly defeated. He likes someone, or liked? I guess?

"He's not. That one's actually about..."

"No one," Luke jumps in and coughs, "but if you turn to the next dog-eared page, I got a tune that's just... It's got a killer beat."

Luke starts playing a song I recognise. "I know this one; my dad wrote it," I say.

"Oh, you want a sample," Julie says.

"sample?" Luke says he is disgusted. "Sample someone else's music. Me and my mom used to sing that song at the top of our lungs in the car all the time," Julie says. "It's a classic Trevor Wilson song," I say. "No, it's a classic me song," Luke says, snatching his book. "Maybe you're mixing it up, you know, with another song." Julie scoffs.I don't mess up songs," she says. "Yeah, and it's my dad who wrote it, so I think I would know," I say.

"Here. I'll prove it." Julie pulls her computer and starts searching for my dad's music, turning it to show the boys.

"Look, that's my dad."

The boys loom closely over the screen.

"that's bobby...."