Chapter 1: Walking disgrace

**Mild Trigger Warning⚠️**

(The pictures used in this book are from Pinterest.)

~~~~~

Author's POV

The sun was shining with all its glory spreading its warmth to the world while someone was still covered inside the dark. Her life's one big mistake has been snaking around her like a big curse. Her parents have stopped talking to her, abused her, and even detached her. She has been staying inside her room for the past three months like a prisoner who has been just getting the necessary essentials provided on time with three meals and sometimes it's only two.

In her house, there are 7 members-her mom, dad, two brothers and sister-in-law's and their cute children, one each. But still none talks to her.

Weeping silently, she leans her head on the window sills as she witnesses the morning hustle bustle of the world. A soft faint smile appears on her lips. She recalls how she used to be the centre of attraction and everyone used to scream her name morning to night. From her parents to siblings to sister-in-law's and even the kids being the apple of eyes. But now no one looks at her, calling is very far. She is just like an old furniture for them kept in the corner and are maintaining it with food and few clothes just so that she can survive for long.

Contemplating her miserable life she was again about to sob when the doors of her room opened with a creaked thud. Her mom with her younger sister in law Kavita enters inside. She quickly wipes off the tear stains from the back of her hand and takes a few steps toward them when they stop her turning their face away.

"We are not here to have a chit-chat with you. But only to give you your breakfast and this dress", her mother in a dry tone utters and she with her head hung low listens quietly. "Be ready by evening on your own in a presentable way, Ahana. Your father and brother don't want any mistakes", she continues and her brows creased up.

She felt confused to know that her parents were willing to take her somewhere with them when all these months they abandoned her and left for parties, occasions and festivals. If asked they use to say, "You are a walking disgrace and if we take you with us we won't be anything but ashamed and embarrassed."

A hope that their heart changes toward her flickers in her head and she snaps her head toward them when Kavita sensing it clears her misconception.

"Don't think we have forgiven you... because we haven't. It's just that we have found a permanent solution to get away from a blot on the escutcheon like you", she sneers and large tear drops falls through her eyes.

Her heart gets pierced through her sister in-laws words and she looks at her mother who with sealed lips was listening to it. Her eyes widened in shock and she was hurt beyond repair, she never thought because of her one mistake she'll be called out every time with such hurtful words.

 Her eyes widened in shock and she was hurt beyond repair, she never thought because of her one mistake she'll be called out every time with such hurtful words