Chapter 13: Sheesh Mahal and them

Author's POV

The car rolls down the porch of a beautiful palace smaller than what they live in. It was almost midnight as the clock hit 11:30 pm but under the full moon glow the palace looked no less than an epitome of heaven.

"Where are we? What is this place called?", her curious eyes, snap at her husband in excitement.

Her lashes, batting at him, as he smiles cheekily seeing her glowing eyes. "Pl-eas-e ...", she requests. "Okay... Okay... This is my Dada sa palace. Here, he started his love life with my Dadi sa", he informs and a big smile coats her lips. "Really? Wowww....", she murmurs in amusement.

"Yes, he did a love marriage. And my grandfather's parents were against them. So, he built this palace all by himself and started his own small world. But later, his parents accepted them after my dad's sister was born", he explains and her lips formed in 'O' shape. "After that we all used to come here to spend some family time during holidays. And he used to tell us stories of his young life", he adds and Ahana was damn impressed.

"I wish I could meet him...", she mumbles, feeling enchanted after knowing him. "Ofcourse... You can get to know him. He is on his world trip. He promised Dadi sa that once they retire he will take her to roam around the world", he informs and her eyes widen in disbelief. "Really???", she asks and he nods in yes.

"Oh!! That's why I didn't see them in our wedding. And I thought they are....", she mumbles to herself but Rajveer heard him. "We couldn't connect to him, but I'm sure, he would contact me, once he sees my text. Or maybe just returns soon from his trip", he says and Ahana smiles sadly.

"I hope they will like me", she mumbles, looking at her hand, afraid that they won't like her. "I'm sure they would... After all, they love everything I like", Rajveer unknowingly blurts the last line and cuts his tongue in embarassment.

What the fuck did I say?
Rajveer.... Are you nuts?
What will she think about me now? Oh god!!!

He panics in his head, feeling hesitant to look to her side while Ahana didn't catch his words at all. She was lost in her own head and before she could process it, he quickly changes the topic and says, "Let's go inside... " and gets down the car.

Nodding, Ahana was about to open the door for her when Rajveer beats her into that and opens it for her. "Umh-- thank you!", she mumbles in a low voice, feeling flustered with his gentleman act. "Welcome", he replies, avoiding his eyes to meet with hers.

Thank god, she didn't give much attention to what I said before.

"So, relax dumbo... Why are you being so shy then?", his subconscious mocks and he sighs softly. "He is right!"

"Did you say something?", Ahana asks craning her neck, halting at her steps. "Huh--? Ahm... No", he mutters, shaking his head dismissively.

Lol.... What happened him suddenly?
Anyways, he is cute!

She giggles internally and walks ahead, while Rajveer walks behind her, scratching the back of his head.

Ahana opens the large heavy door, before stepping inside with her right leg. "One second...", Rajveer mumbles and turns the light on. "Wow.... It's so beautiful. It is so classy and elegant, just like the palaces in ancient movies", she chirps in enchantment and Rajveer smiles seeing her cute expressions.

 It is so classy and elegant, just like the palaces in ancient movies", she chirps in enchantment and Rajveer smiles seeing her cute expressions