Chapter 5: Pampered by Mom

Author's POV

Ahana was soundlessly sleeping with her soft snores audible in the room. The bed was comfortable and warm carrying a magnificent peaceful smell of someone which puts her at ease. The dim cold and warm atmosphere cocooning her to the slumber.

When someone knocks on the door but it remains unanswered as she was deep lost in sleep. After two or three more knocks, the door crack opens and smiling softly someone walks inside. The sleeping figure of fragile Ahana deepens the smile on that person's face.

"Aww... my daughter looks so beautiful when sleeping. But I'm sorry beta.. I have to wake you up today", she mumbles to herself and asks the woman standing behind her to open the curtains.

The bright warm rays scatter inside the cool room and Ahana stirs in her sleep licking her lips like a baby. She pouts cutely in her sleepy daze as after a long time she had a long relaxing sleep.

"Can't this sun wait for a bit long to rise and shine? I wanted to sleep more!", she sighs deeply as she turns her back to the source of light and remains awake with closed eyes.

When a warm and loving caress was felt on her head and she jolted up from her sleep. "Shhh... Baby. It's me your mom", Rajni announces her motherly presence and Ahana calms down instantly.

Her eyes go moist for some reasons and she smiles brightly, staring at her. "Sorry for disturbing you. But today it's going to be a long day, dear. So, get up and I'll send something to eat with a cup of coffee for you", she mumbles.

"No mom... It's okay. I'll have breakfast with everyone", she chimes. "Can I?", she asks softly feeling she asked more than she deserves.

"Of course you can dear. Why not?", she replies with a assurance making Ahana's eyes sparkle in joy. "It's just I thought you are tired. And then you need to be ready for reception and then go your father's house. So, you should get rest as much as you can. But if you want to join, you are more than welcome, dear", she adds, giving her sense of comfort.

But Ahana's growing smile somehow fell as she analyse her schedule plan. A sense of discomfort reflects in her eyes and her body gets stiff making Rajni squint her eyes in confusion.

"What happened dear? All okay?", she asks, cupping her face and she just passes a cut nod. "You know we will miss you even if it's for a day and you'll be back by tomorrow. I wish I could stop you... but it's a ritual. Plus, you must be excited to meet your family right?", she says and Ahana hesitated on how to react.

Excited? For what?
They are not even suppose to be called family. They died long ago.
And about them.. I'm sure they must be praying too, I don't go there.

"Ahmm dear I have sad news for you...", she ushers and Ahana's brows creased up.

"Actually, your mother's call came last night to say they can't make it to the reception. I was kinda shocked too and tried to ask what happened but she didn't say anything clearly. Maybe they are busy. Strange!", Rajni said with a shrug and she scoffs.

"Busy?"

Her lips curled in a bitter known smile, making Rajni confused. "What happened dear? What's with the reaction, I didn't get it?", she asks, feeling strange.

"Nothing.. mom. I'm sure they must have their reasons. It's okay. I'm fine until you are there for me", she replies in a beat and Rajni smiles brightly, pecking her forehead with love. "Of course I'm there. Now and Always. I didn't call you my daughter just to say. But I mean it. And I promise to never make you feel alone", she mutters.

Feeling overwhelmed, Ahana engulfs Rajni for a tight hug and she caresses her back lovingly and pecks her hair. Ahana wipes her eyes, stopping the tears from flowing down.

"Okay.. now. Let's not make it a sad morning. I have something for you", she breaks the hug and eyes Aruna to bring that thing.

Soon, two rack of several dresses was pulled infront of her eyes and she was flabbergasted with the view. The racks adorned with variety of dresses hanging on it. It had Indian traditional wears plus western in dark, light and pastel colours. To be honest, she loved it and had her heart outbursted with joy.

"Did you like it?", Rajni inquires. "I loved it", she squeals. "Are these all mine?", she asks dumbfoundedly and Rajni laughs, nodding in yes.

"These all are yours. I selected them myself. You can wear whatever you wish. We don't have any problems", she chimes. "Wear jeans, saree, salwar, shorts, dresses, gowns, bikni, whatever your heart says", she adds and Ahana hugs her from side before advancing to adore the dresses.

It makes her confused to select what to wear for now and Rajni enjoyed the scene. She always had a wish to pamper and spoil her daughter like this but never had a chance. Though she had a step daughter whom she loves dearly but she was too picky and stubborn, living in her own daze. At the end, she seeks Rajni's help and goes for the saree.

"Okay, Aruna and others will help you to get ready. First finish this coffee and I'll go have a look on breakfast. I have selected the matching jewellery for it already or else you will take one more hour", Rajni teases her and Ahana pouts.

Ahana was left alone with Aruna and two more ladies who were gawking at her making her conscious. They were actually waiting for any command or request so that they can help her but it instead left her uncomfortable. She smiles at the weakly and asks herself why they are looking at her.

Shrugging she starts walking toward the bathroom, almost fumbling in her wedding lehenga she still had on. But what caught her amazed was all three of them followed her behind and she paused on her track.

"Um... Why are you all following me inside?", she asks with a awkward smile. "To get you ready, Choti Rani sa. We will help you..", she replies and Ahana almost gasp out in shock.

"I can shower alone", she hesitantly hiss. "I'm sure you can. But today is your special day, so ma'am asked us to help you", Aruna replies and Ahana gulps.

Aruna eyes the ladies to prepare a relaxing bath water with natural scrubs and steam.  Sighing she follows Aruna after getting dressed in bikini and soaks herself inside the bathtub. She feels uncomfortable being half naked infront of three women's but as soon as the relaxing luke warm water drench her body she forgets it.

Leaning behind she closes her eyes in relaxation while the two ladies behind her starts exofliating her skin with body scrub while Aruna massages her hair with a herbal shampoo they make in home. Ahana had a nice small nap of almost an hour as they gave her a royal treatment bath and then gave steam to her hair putting lavender oil and rosemary stem.
They literally had to wake her up as she doze off in between the procedure and later was so overwhelmed and embarassed that forcefully send the help back saying she will manage from there.

Aruna was reluctant but Ahana managed to convince her and at last she left making her sigh in relief.

"Gosh... It's so new and awkward for me. But I loved there service. It was so healing and satisfactory", she mumbles to herself with a blissful smile. "It took all my stress, exhaustion and pain away though it's a temporary healing. I'm loving it!", she adds and walks to her dress to get ready.

She was lost in herself humming her favourite song as she gets ready. When she gets stuck with her blouse and regrets to send off the help acting reluctant. But she isn't habituated to that guidance or help from someone so intimately.

Sighing, she was wondering what to do when someone shows up catching her off-guard and she ends up screaming out of fear. "Aa-hha-hah-ah-hhhh!!!"