Chapter 14: Clumpsy Rajveer

Cooking Maggi, Rajveer brought it upstairs for Ahana and himself as he remembered they didn't have anything since afternoon. His heart drumming softly in nervousness as Ahana was still inside the washroom. He wonders what she was doing sitting on the edge of the bed with his phone in his hand. He wasn't working but instead checking on time, waiting for her to show up.

After a few minutes, the door knob twists and the door creak opens making his heart skip a beat. He almost got up from his bed but then one glance of her and he settled back immediately.

Damn!
She still looks so pissed at me.

Should I just apologize to her? But how? She doesn't look like she would hear me out.

What should I do?

He was thinking of a solution when Ahana silently walked to him and sat beside. Rajveer was taken aback when he felt the mattress beside him dip with her weight. He snap turns to find her and quickly looks away in reflex.

She sat near me.
Does this mean, she forgave me?
But what if she hasn't and is waiting for my apology?

He was totally confused, his head buzzing with wanders as seeing his little wide frown at him was disturbing his inner peace. While Ahana enjoys the tension in his body, picks the bowl of noodles for herself.

"Hmmm-- I was so hungry. I really thought I'll sleep on an empty stomach only", she mutters, taking the first bite, sending her growling stomach a satisfaction.

Hearing this, his daze broke and he realised he was the only one exaggerating and overthinking while she was normal and enjoying the food. "Huh?", he gasps at his stupidity.

Passing a bombastic side-eye toward her, he goes for his bowl too and bluntly feeds his mouth only for him to get burned. "Ahhhh---", he hiss wiping the corner of his lips and Ahana almost burst out in a laugh. But before he could shoot an eye at her, she seals her lips again, acting unbothered.

What the hell? She is not even caring to glance at me for once.

Frowning, he starts eating carefully when he chokes this time and Ahana sighs heavily, passing him the glass of water. Rajveer didn't notice as his eyes were half closed and she clears her throat to grab his attention making his eyes flung open.

"Here.. have it", she mumbles in a low voice. And he quickly takes it, before she changes her mood. His eyes denying to bat his lashes as he takes a large sip. "Give me", she says, taking the glass away from his hand.

"Are you a kid or what? Can't you even eat a simple Maggi nicely? I wonder how you grew so big", she scolds him while handling the bowl of Maggi back to him and then take hers. "I'm sorry....", he mumbles and she smiles softly before continuing to eat.

Rajveer smiles back seeing the cute smile tug on her lips and a sense of relief flushes through him. He finally ate nicely, blushing with the fact that his tiny wife was scolding him for his silliness which he never did before.

Lol.... You just did your chop infront of her.

Silly boy!!!

Finishing her food, Ahana keeps the bowl down and says, "I wish it was more." Rajveer paused hearing her low voice. "I'm sorry.. but in my car I had this much only", he replies.

"Huh? You car?", she asks, peering her lashes up at him. "Umh-- yes. I always have some food and drinks and extra clothes in my car due to my work life emergency", he replies, clearing her doubt.

"So, you mean you keep travelling here and there and stay awake", she asks with amusement coated on her face. It seemed fascinating for her to hear this. She felt a bit inspired to know he was a dedicated workaholic and prioritise his work. "I wish I had a work life too... It would have been so amazing to pursue hard for your dreams, right?", she utters taking Rajveer off-guard.

He thought her reaction would be opposite, nagging or highlighting negative points. But here she finds it admirable and that makes his eyes twinkle at her.

"What's your dream? Do you want to work too?", he blurts innocently, looking at her widening smile. She seemed like dreaming with open eyes as though speak louder than her. "Yes... I've always cherished a small dream. But---", she takes a momentary pause and he squints his eyes at her.

"I don't think I'll ever live by it. Anyways, let's sleep, it's quite late", she brushes away the pain in her eyes and shifts the topic. Rajveer sensed the stinging irk in her eyes but remains silent, respecting her.

"Sure... I'll just keep this in kitchen and come", mumbling he takes the dishes and walks outside while Ahana smiles sadly thinking about the incomplete dream she wish was true.
________________________________

Washing the dishes as Rajveer walks to his room, he finds Ahana fixing the couch for her to sleep. The recliner was quite narrowed for her to sleep comfortably and he walks to her.

"What are you doing?", he asks, making her startled for a second. "Just preparing to sleep", she replies with a soft smile.

"But why you want to sleep here? You can sleep on bed?", he replies and she turns to look at him. A wicked smile tug on the corner of her lips. "Ofcourse, I'll take the bed, this is for you Mr. Husband!", she playfully answers and his heart skips a beat at her last word.

Ahana herself feels a tickle in her belly as she subconsciously addresses him with that title. Her conscious mind still coping up with the reality of life–marriage. Yet, her heart maybe already accepted him as her husband.

"Umh.. you sleep here, I'll sleep there", she chirps brushing the awkwardness in the air and Rajveer gasped. "If she can't fit into this, how would I?", he wonders internally. His face pales out as he looks at his gigantic size.

Ahana bursts up with the blister of laughter staring at his face. His paling expression was so satisfying for her to watch. While Rajveer furrowed his brows, unable to capture what made her laugh so hard.

"I'm joking baba... I'll sleep here. You can take the bed", saying she sits on the couch, shaking her head at him.

"Are you still angry with me?", he asks after a brief silence. His eyes glued to her while his face dead serious. "What? Why would I be angry on you?", she asks, puzzled with his question.

"Then, why can't we share the bed?", he asks making Ahana stunned.