Chapter 11: Take me away

Author's POV

Her face contorted with a palpable tension as she sat inside the car bidding her in-laws bye. They were still standing at the gate waiting for the car to move while Ahana wished the earth to open up and swallow her. She didn't want to go to her so-called hell like house but neither could she say it to her in-laws.

A nervous smile paints her lips while a certain swirl of anxiety heaves her chest. She fists on to her anarkali suit tight, turning her knuckles white.

What am I going to do? What if they mistreat me in front of them?

What if they spill the beans and they start treating me the same?

Oh god.... Pl-eas-e help! I don't want that life again, I want this happy life. I don't want to add any more haters in my life. Pl-eas-e help!

I don't want to go there. Never!

Havoc of thoughts washes her brain and panic creeps through her skin. Sweat heads start forming on to her forehead and she freezes, lost in an unknown dark world where she was standing all alone. Darkness was consuming her and she was screaming at the top of her lungs for someone to take her away. She feels terrified by that darkness making her whole body tremble with a surge of pain.

Tears start to form in her eyes while a dark brown pair of eyes who unknowingly always had an attention on her was observing her from side. His heart aches with a stinging pain as with an amused look he carefully reads her. The car wheels rolled minutes ago and he kept on calling Ahana but she was deep lost in her riverie.

"What's wrong with her? Wasn't she fine till a few minutes ago?", Rajveer wonders as he tries to conclude.

His head buzzes with confusion seeing a complete opposite reaction of her. When he notices fresh pearl-like tears rolling down her eyes making him scowl. "Ahana....", he calls for her instantly. His hands were hesitant to touch her but as few more tears added, he couldn't help but shake her from the shoulder, pulling the car at the side.

"Ahana, you okay? Do y--", words felt stuck in his throat. As she hugs him back, coming out of her paralyzing mode and clung over him. Her fists firmly holding on to her tight and tighter making his heart stop and breath hitched. He was frozen at his place while his hands hung in the air. "Pl-eas-e..... Pl-eas-e take me away. Take me from that hell. Pl-eas-e....!", she pleads while crying and his heart twists in pain.

"Just calm down.... Shhh! I'll take you away",  he mumbles after a brief silence, gulping the lump formed in his throat. His hands on its own holding onto her, caressing her back to and fro, to calm her.

------------------------------------

Ahana's POV

Feeling light and calm, I turn to my right licking the chapped dry lips of mine. Blinking few times, I slowly open my eyes, my head oblivious to where I am and what I am doing. When I found a pair of eyes staring at me with a soft look in them and I pass a soft smile before stirring up from the drowsiness and straightening up myself.

Rajveer was sitting next to me, staring at me, while my heart almost came to my mouth with his sudden presence infront of me. Holding on to my chest I take few deep breath before slowly peering up at him.

Was he just staring at me? Or I'm misinterpretating the whole scenario?

"Umh--", before I could say anything he beats me first. "Did you sleep well?", he asks and I nod my head in yes. My brain is still hazy with the nice sleep I just had. And sighing I utter, "Where are we?", unable to recall anything.

Scaning my surroundings subconsciously, I find ourselves seated in the car still and that's when something clicked to my brain. "Sorry. I-I... ahm... can we please no--", he cuts me in between. "Relax... We are not going there but somewhere else. I was just waiting for you to wake up", he replies.

His eyes shine with the calmness of still water, its peacefulness washing over me like a soothing wave. A soft smile grace my lips and I avert my gaze, looking down at my hands, feeling shy out of the blue.

Is he really not a magician?

Because he leaves no chance to work his charms on me, and with just one glance into his eyes or a moment by his side, I find myself enveloped in a sense of serene solitude, as if the world's noise and chaos fade into the background, leaving two of us alone.

"Shall we?", his voice breaks my riverie and I snap my eyes at him with a 'huh'. As I did hear him but couldn't understand what he said, feeling lost in my own world. "Put your seatbelts on. I'll take you to a secret place", he says and I frown in confusion.

Secret place?

"Where? And what will we say at home? What if mom--", he cuts my creeping anxiety again. "Leave that on me", he says, giving a assurance through his eyes and I calm down immediately. "About where we are going? Umh-- that's a surprise!", he muses and I smile cheekily.

Surprise?!!!

Tugging myself with the seatbelt, I look at him and the car wheels roll.  He didn't ask anything or say something to me but just simply concentrated on the road, putting a soft music. After a few minutes passes, I realize, I was crying and clinging onto him before I passed out. But still by looking at him, I didn't felt a bit of awkwardness or any kind of questions in his eyes.

And I can't help but the urge to ask him directly crawls to my skin. "Why didn't you ask about what happened with me before I passed out? Why was I crying or didn't want to go home where my family resides?"

My curiosity at peak by now, and my eyes try to detect every inch of expression but to my dismay he still had that unbothered cool look on his face.

After a momentary pause, he replies, "Maybe because I can see you are not comfortable yet to share." He said it effortless and I was left too stunned to reply back or say anything to him.