Awake

There he was, those green eyes, staring right at me, like he knew I was gonna wake up at that moment. But all I could do, was lay there. I still felt numb to move and I didn't have any energy. The monitor beeped steadily, there was voices softly talking in the background, but the only thing that mattered, was those green eyes.

"Hey Dylan" he smiles weakly, taking my hand carefully, running small circles on it. I tried to speak but no words came out, instead I just slightly squeezed his hand, because that's the only thing I could do.

"It's okay, you're gonna be okay" he whispered, like I was the only one who was meant to hear. He moved some hair out of my face then all you could hear was someone screaming and running towards me, wrapping their arms around me.

"Dylan! You're awake! You're okay!" The person said, and I immediately smiled in my head, knowing whose voice it was. I used all the energy I could and wrapped her in my arms, pulling her close, wanting to keep her with me at all times.

"Hey......" I said, my voice sounding muffled and weird.

"Don't talk" she whispered. "I don't want to risk anything, so be quiet" she leans her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes. I kisses her head, running my fingers through her hair, knowing that she needed a good sleep.

I glanced over at Parrish and gave him a weak smile. He gave me a smile back, not a fake one or a weak one but a genuine smile. He kissed my head and gave my hand one last squeeze. "I'll see you later" he whispered and left.

And just like that, my heart ached. Not because there was something wrong but because he left, when I wanted him to stay. But how could I tell him when I didn't have no strength to talk apart from one word.

"Stay...." But just like that, I knew it was too late, and he wouldn't be able to hear me.