Who Are You?

"Who are you?"

Who am I? How do you respond to such a simple question but can lead to some many complications. Something that defines you as person, are you just gonna spill that out to someone?

Am I ready to tell someone all my darkest secrets? That all they can see, it's all fake. That I hide everything i keep bottled up, that I only show what people want be see?

"Who am I?" I asked, tilting my head in slight confused.

"You know, like who are you deep down?" He smiled at me.

What if I don't want to tell you Parrish? What if I don't want you to find everything about me.

"Um...."

I just stared at him, studying his eyes, his facial features and his lips, that I wouldn't mind kissing right now.

"....I'm Dylan?" I didn't mean of it to sound like a question, it just happened. But I couldn't think of a better response. I was right there in front of him. He spent time with me, so why did he want to know who I was.

"What's your story?" He leaned his chin on his hands, like he could seat here all day or he was getting bored.

"My story?" I tilted my head in confusion. He just simply nodded.

"Well I dropped out of school when I was fifteen. I babysit for my next door neighbour. I have been in trouble with the police more times than I can count. I have been diagnosed with depression. And I'm basically a punching bag for my mom. That's my story" I gave him a plain look.

He sighed and nodded, probably not getting the answer he was looking for. After that, there was no talking, not even eye contact.