Scars

I walk through my front door with a small smile on my face, not a fake smile a genuine smile, But like always they don't last long as my mother, who's meant to be away, was sitting on the sofa looking at me with a smirk upon her ugly face. I pretend I didn't see her and went straight upstairs.

Once I'm sure she couldn't see me I silently ran towards my sister's room. I flung the door open to find she's not here. I sigh in relief and closed the door. I went back downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. I pretend I'm grabbing something, in reality I'm just waiting until she strikes however she doesn't, though I can feel her stare. I sit on the stool by the counter grabbing a magazine that had a picture of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen. I flip though the pages until I see something I like. I hear quiet steps coming towards me. She sat on the extra stool and grabbed a apple from the fruit bowl. I slightly move my head to the side watching her take a big bite from the apple starring at me.

I turn my head back and flipped to the next page.

"Anything interesting?" She asked.

"Mockingjay's out on the 21st of November" I replied bluntly.

I saw her nod slightly then laughed to herself. I gulped and slowly closed the magazine. I pushed the magazine away and looked at her. I roll my eyes at her then got up and went upstairs to her room. I open the door and mentally gagged. I carefully stepped round her clothes, glass bottles and whatever shit she hasn't on her floor. I went into her bathroom and saw some left over cocaine on her bathroom counter. I closed my door and turned round seeing my mother staring at me with her arms crossed over her, eyes wide, lips pressed together and a annoyed look on her face. I stare back at her crossing my arms.

"What are you doing in my room?" she hissed at me.

"Nothing" I hissed back at her. I un-crossed my arms and walked out her room. I lean my back against the wall waiting for her to come out and shout at me. After what seems like hours she finally comes out. I stare a her as her eyes are more red and she's got a crazy look on her face.

"Awww look at you all grown up" she said stoking my cheek. I push her hand away and roll my eyes. Her mothering look turns into a cold murderous look. I move away from the wall closer to the stairs ready to run down them and out the door. But of course she notices my move and grabs my arm tightly slamming me back into the wall. I bite back a scream and tried to get out of her strong grip but it only makes it worse. She slammed me back into the wall before deciding to shove me to the floor. I let out a cough then a dry laugh. She grew angry and kicked me down the stairs.

Once I fell on the flat rough floor I groaned and coughed up some blood, spitting it on the ground. I ignored every aching pain in my bones and body and force myself to get up. I clutch my side and stumble into the kitchen leaning against the counter.

In the distance I hear sickly laugh and her coming down the stairs. I close my eyes for a quick second trying to ignore the pain. I force my eyes back open and force myself to crouch down hiding myself. I quietly open one of the cabinets grabbing my bat that I kept hidden. I close the cabinet and held the bat close to me. I try to blend in as much as I can against the counter as I hear her come closer to the counter. I hear her grab a knife then her footsteps get quieter.

"Come hear you little bitch!" she screamed throughout the house. I try to control my breathing as it picked up. I hear go into another room so I take my chance and quickly stand up and I run to the door. I go to open the door when a arm pulls me away and the shoves me against the floor, again. I fell to the floor losing the bat on the way. She comes on top of me pinning me down and holding a knife against my throat. I held my breath as she stared at me with more coldness in her eyes. They look completely dull and lifeless. They reminded me of the devil.

"Any last words?" she said.

"I hope you rot----" I started before she presses harder against my throat making my skin break which makes blood start pouring out. I screamed out in pain and she smirks. I spit in her face and she slaps me hard across the cheek. I roll my eyes and use all the strength I've got left in me to push her away. Less then 5 seconds later I'm sprinting upstairs with my phone in my hand calling Parrish.

"Hello?" he asked sleepy.

"Help Me!" I screamed.

I went into my room slamming my door shut. I take a pause to catch my breath. I hear her heavy footsteps come up the stairs. I started panicking and press the phone back to my hear.

"Dylan are you there?" he asked.

"Just hurry up" I said.

"Dylan what's go----" and the line goes dead. I curse and throw my phone on my bed as it's runs out of charge. I stare at my door as it opens. My mother creeps through my bedroom door with the knife tightly in her hand.

"Oh Dylan you really need to stop running away from me" she tilted her head to the side glaring at me.

She smirks again and runs towards me. I move quickly out the way but she manages to cut my arm. I ignore the stinging pain and ran back downstairs. I grabbed my bat and waited. My eyes started getting blurry and it was hard to concentrate on anything. I totally forgot that I had a cut on my neck but I didn't know how to deep it was. I felt myself falling to ground though I didn't feel anything. I see a blurry figure come towards me and trying to say something before I let darkness consume me and take me into the unknown.