Connor

It was about half one, Christine had fell asleep on the sofa with Tom, who had also fallen asleep. Connor creaked the door open, he didn't want to wake his mum, he knew how upset she was he was going, it wasn't rocket science, when he saw she'd fallen asleep on the sofa she grabbed the blanket from the arm chair and wrapped it round his mum, which only lead to her waking up.
"Connor?" She mumbled half asleep
"I've only come to get my stuff"
"No, I know." She nodded "it's in a bag on the stairs, I didn't know exactly what you'd want, but it'll get you through your first few weeks"
"You didn't need to do that" said Connor
"Well your my son aren't you"
"I'm sorry I have to leave on such short notice mum"
"It's fine, you've had a great opportunity, you deserve it, I'm proud of you"
"Are you sure you'll be alright?"
"Yeah well" she whispered "considering clarksons here.., i think I'll be just fine"
"You'll call me won't you, if you need me"
"No. No let's rephrase that. You'll call me if you need me Connor, because I'm the parent not the other way round"
"I'm sorry I have to go today, I know.."
"Connor it doesn't matter love, I promise" she nodded "it's my problem, not yours ay, I know it wasn't like that in the past.., but it is now. I'll cope"
"I'll try and come to the court.."
"No Connor. It's about time you lived your life, not running backwards and forewords for me 24/7 ey. You've got your own family now, you and Imogen, you don't need to worry about me anymore"
"Well you'll call me won't you, tell me the verdict atleast"
"Yeah, yeah course" she nodded "do you want a brew before you go?"
"Alright" nodded Connor, as Christine wondered into the kitchen and flicked on the kettle.
"MUM! why's stripy in here!" He said opening the bag
"Good luck charm ey! You've had it for YEARS! And it's always been on your bed, he'll get lonely without you" she laughed
"Mhm yeah sure, but I'm not 5 anymore mum"
"You still are to me!"
"Well why don't you keep the bear than eh? Consider it a present from me to you" Christine didn't answer "infact, consider it me passing it down to the baby okay! I don't need it anymore "
"Okay" said Christine giving Connor his brew and taking a seat down at the counter with him. 

"so you and Tom.." started Connor 

"it's not an official thing.. not yet"

"well i'm happy for you mum" he smiled " i really am"

"have you er, told imogen yet?"

"yeah, Shes on about getting an acting course in London at the end of term so, it's not that far away"

"and to us teachers it feels decades away" she laughed "so what times your flight then?"

"half 3"

"oh wow, your cutting customs fine then" she stated "do you want something to eat before you go?"

"no it's alright mum, i will have to head off in a minute"

"Are you sure?, Tom made pasta, theirs left overs in the pan?"

"honestly mum i'm fine" he nodded 

"Connor, this is dead random.., and I shouldn't really ask but, Dynasty?, Is she okay?"

"Er, I think so?, I mean she's been iffy since stevo went back but..?, why?"

"No, nothing, she just wasn't in today that's all"

"Yeah I know, she's left"

"what?!"

"Yeah her and Stevo, they've gone back to Blackpool or something?, oh I don't know, Imogen told me, kevin's devastated but, he'll get over her"

"right"

"Look mum, I'm going to have to dash, I'll see you soon"

"Go on ey!, go show em what your made of boy, i love you"

"I love you too mum"

"Take care alright, and make the most of it!, But don't live of dodgey chicken places connor, put your career to good use" he smiled. she smiled too. 

"I'll try not too" he smirked "i'll be back in a few weeks to grab the rest of my stuff, don't evict the room just yet for your shakesperian libary!!"

"Like i'd fill it with shakespeare!" she laughed "now go on you before you miss your flight!"

"think your forgetting something mum" he said wrapping his arms around her

"good luck love" she smiled waving him out the door, tom emerged from the living room too

"good luck mate" he shouted as connor waved goodbye and dispersed into the darkness of the night.. "come on ay, you'll catch a death out here"