Atsutane (part 3/6)

He pushed me towards the nearest seat in the kitchen. He got to work brushing and styling. I never usually styled it myself unless it was my hairstylist doing it. Using treatments and brushing it was enough for me since I was too lazy to try to do anything else with it. It was gorgeous already so I felt there was no need to tie it up or anything. I liked my appearance in the mirror and that's all that mattered.

Just as Atsutane finished, there was a knock at the door so I ran to get it. I figured only one person could be knocking.

"Anzai! Good morning," I beamed. Even though I wished I could stop loving him, seeing him in the flesh always made my heart start pumping.

He stared at me and hesitated. "...your hair."

I grabbed the long braid hanging over my shoulder. "Oh, Atsutane did it for me. Come inside."

"Good morning, Anzai!" Atsutane greeted him. "Hey, we should all go out for breakfast! My treat!"

"Are you sure? I could try to whip something up for us here," I said.

"No way, I can't make you do that! You already let me sleep in your bed, let me treat you to breakfast. Maybe Shukishi and Rikiya can join us."

"...your bed..." Anzai muttered.

I looked at him. When our eyes met, he shook his head. "Breakfast sounds good. I can contact the others." He turned away with his phone.

We all agreed to meet up at a family restaurant and made our way there. Rikiya looked very excited as he eyed the menu.

"You're really paying right, Atsutane?" He asked.

"Yes! It's totally my treat!"

"Then I won't hold back. Don't regret it later."

Just as he said, he ordered so much food I couldn't believe he could fit it all in that small body of his. Despite being twenty-three, he still looked like a young boy. Near the end of the meal though, he boxed some of the food away for later.

"Your hair looks nice," Shukishi commented.

"Thanks," I said. "Atsutane did it for me!"

"You should style your hair more often, it's hard to keep my eyes off you."

I rolled my eyes. "If you like braids that much, you should braid your hair."

He touched the ends of his dark hair. "Did you want to see that? My hair isn't quite long enough for it I'm afraid."

"I could give you small braids!" Atsutane said.

"Leave it to the expert!" I grinned.

Shukishi's smile faltered. "Ah, I don't actually like braids that much. They only look good on Narihira."

"Are we done here?" Rikiya asked. "I've gotta stop by home before going to the bar."

"That's alright, we can go now," I said.

"I've already got the bill," Atsutane added.

We met up at the bar later for work again. I got so many compliments on my hair, I felt very happy about it. Some even invited me to drink with them but it was against our policy for bartenders to have a drink with the customers. Anzai was quick to refuse for me.

"Sorry, he can't hold his drink," he said.

I elbowed him. Why is he revealing my secret?! "I'm sorry, it's against our policy. I can make all the drinks you'd like and talk with you though."

Later I went in the back to grab another bottle that we ran out of, dragging Anzai with me.

"Don't reveal my secret like that!"