Roll The Tapes

Vegas was grumbling to himself the whole way to the airport. Macau just had to go with him. That meant taking someone who would drive Macau back home. For the time being Macau would be living in the Main Family mansion as, even though Vegas hated to admit, he was safest there.

The Minor Family would be taken care of by Nop, one of his most trusted bodyguards, who stayed with him after all the shit that happened with his father.

"Are you excited? You should be excited, Pa." Said Macau trying to change the song on the radio. "Few weeks on an island, with no worries just you and the sea."

"And don't forget the love of his life." Added his unhelpful cousin.

"Do I need to give you more bruises?" Said Vegas as he was pulling in the airport parking.

"C'mon cousin, I was joking. And believe me, I will give you bruises in return. Imagine how you will appear on the television then." Kinn snickered as Macau finally found the song he was looking for.

It was then Vegas turned off the car and with that the song.

"Hey! I was trying to listen to that..." His annoying teenager yelped.

"Ah, I am sorry, Your Highness but I have a flight to catch." Said the older man and got out of the car followed by his grunting son and smirking cousin.

"You are very eager to leave today." Said Kinn and Vegas shot him a glare.

"I am in this predicament because of you. The only thing I am eager to do is get this over with and return to my daily life." Kinn raised his hands in a sign of surrender but he kept laughing.

"Let us walk you to the gates, cousin." And Vegas didn't have the patience to tell Kinn to stay in the car and have a chance of losing Macau in the crowd. So they all picked up his luggage and went towards the entrance.

At first, Vegas wanted to fly their private jet but Tankhun was borrowing it for his trip to Bali.

Without telling anyone. Again.

That left him with the lesser option of taking first class, a semi-private jet. The instructions the producers sent were short and not detailed enough. The man was very excited to have a celebrity like Vegas on his show but couldn't tell him the details. So he wouldn't ruin the game before it even started.

The check-in went quickly and they were soon at his gates. Macau was still pouting but Vegas doubted that the reason was the interrupted playlist.

"Cau." The younger man only grumbled. "Come here."

And his arms were filled with the smaller body. His son didn't hug him often nowadays so this felt really nice. Vegas felt that his shoulder was getting wet and he honestly didn't think Macau would miss him at all. They had never been apart for long but this was for a minor assignment and Macau was safe at the mansion.

"I will be back really soon. The moment I secure the goods I am out. You will see." Vegas patted his short hair as the younger still clung to him. "C'mon, Cau."

The boy separated from his father with teary eyes.

"Promise?" He asked in a small voice that only Vegas could hear.

"Promise!" Vegas said and pulled Macau in one more hug. It lasted shorter than he liked but he needed to catch a flight.

"Take care of him, Kinn!" The man threatened his older cousin. "If there is a single hair from his head missing I will kill everyone in our family. Except Kim. He is too important to kill."

And his cousin dared to smile. "You worry too much Vegas. He will be fine. The time in the mansion will be spent doing nothing and enjoying the freedom of your overbearing parenting."