Chapter twenty

Poseidon walked through the mostly empty campus of Standford. He smirked anytime faculty looked at him and sent his favorite gorgon son Noah after them. All of the screams when Noah gives them his paralyzing kiss, dragged them off and cut them open. The lustful sea god also gave a ton of female students flirtatious looks before having his Triton guards capture them.
"If Jessica won't be my queen because of that filthy human she will have to learn that love hurts." He said. The people who are not eaten by Chrysaor, are turned into snake  monsters like vetalas . A lone pair of black hair and blue eyes watched him from the safety of her dorm room.
"The forbidden spell." She whispered.

***
The room was completely dark the only light being the high moon in the sky. It shone over the couple as they made love. Jessica panted heavily when she felt Sam's strong muscles which she knew was from hunting. She managed to find the harder part of him when her begging made him grunt.
"

Oh Sam." She moaned before a few giggles left her mouth.
"You are making the sweetest sounds baby." He teased. Sam was desperate to fell her after that memory he saw. He didn't want to lose her to someone like Poseidon. Jessica panted again when he kissed her neck and she looked up at him with her green eyes.

"Sam are you sure you want to do this there's no going back if you go this far with a gorgon." She whispered in his ear. His only response was to shush and kiss her passionately again. Tears of joy seep down Jessica's face when he caressed her face.
"Jessica I..." He began but all of a sudden he pulled away when her lips felt cold and he gasped. "What?" She asked. There was pure terror in his eyes and she looked down at her arms to see green scales appearing. "Oh no no!" Jessica exclaimed. She ran away from the bed and looks at herself in the mirror. Her face is covered in green spots indicating more scales coming in and her teeth become very sharp. She begs Sam not to look but he just watched in horror as her blonde curly hair changed into a hoard of venomous snakes. Her legs locked knocking Jessica off her feet and forming into a serpent tail.

"Ahh!" Sam screamed. Jessica only response was to clutch her neck as a threatening hiss left her mouth. Unable to look at his reaction she tried to jump through the window. Jessica now fully Medusa stares at him Sam her glowing snake eyes. His body goes numb when the two lock eyes resulting in tragedy while Jessica cried embracing what used to be Sam. She screamed as she woke up from her nightmare with a jerk. Jessica panted heavily as she sits up and puts her hands in hair. She sweat a storm as she felt that no snakes were slithering around on her head. Her mouth felt dry as looked down at her skin, no scales just without clothes as she had sex with Sam. A few tears of relief and fear run down her cheeks as she tried to process her dream.

"Jessica?" Sam asked. She feels the familiar feeling of his arms around her shoulders and she hugged him firecly.
"Sam I'm so sorry my nightmare..." She choked on her words not able to finish.
"Jessica its okay I'm right here and it was just a dream nothing is going to happen to you." Sam responded. He kissed her on forehead and held her even closer. It didn't matter to either of them that they were both still naked. The only thing that Sam cared about was comforting his girlfriend.
"But but it could happen..." She trails off on her words again as she nuzzles against his chest.
"No I promised you I was going to cure you and that's what I'm going to do." He assured her.

Jessica tears up even more at his determination to help her. Even with the risk she might kill him though she didn't want to.
"But what if there is no cure what if by tomorrow I wake up I'm my Gordon self when I turn you into..." She responded .
"Jessica don't say it." Sam cautioned looking down at her.
"Stone." She cried.
"Ah now now we don't know that will happen, I know you are scared but I'm not afraid of you Jessica." He told her. Jessica's heart and mind went to war as she tried to respond. She should just tell him to get away from her and find some normal girl. Yet that thought made her want to cry even more.

" I know but I'm afraid of what might happen, afraid." She whispered. "A lot more then I am of that terrible Poseidon." There was a lot of crying after that so neither of them got any sleep. Still Sam stayed with her until the night sky became a pattern of orange, pink and blue. No scales appeared and Jessica checked the mirror a hundred times.
"There's no snakes Jessica its just you." Sam said.
He placed his arm around her whenever her face quivered with fear.
"I know but I was certain his curse would change me back I have to be sure he's not giving me false hope." Jessica responded. It was a possibility and Sam had considered it a bit.

Despite the day going on like normal there was tension in the air. Jessica was restless and tapped her pencil against her desk. While Sam couldn't focus as he kept taking note of all the possible outcomes. Normally it would cause her classmates or professors to get annoyed. Yet everyone apart from them seemed to be robotic.
"Something is seriously up." Sam said.
"I know can smell the trouble Sam." Jessica responded as they walked through the hallway.
"What is this Jessica?" Sam asked.
"I don't know but I have a feeling that Poseidon is behind it." She answered.
The tension seemed to thicken even when Jessica hugged him.

The two had to split up briefly as Jessica had a doctors appointment. While Sam spent hours in the library after he got a call from Dean.
"Sam there is something bad going on, I've gotten calls from all over the state about weird deaths." Dean said.
"How weird?" Sam asked. His heart beat in fear with the mention of people being paralyzed.
"Beyond weird I mean blacked lips with eyes missing and organs taken out. Plus bodies being dried out with venom and four fangbites in their necks." Dean responded. Those all sounded terrible and Sam wondered how this day could get any worse. When someone tapped on his shoulder and he jumped at the sight of Sarah.

"Um hey look now isn't the best time Sarah I've got too much going on." Sam said. She ignored his comments and took the book from his hands.
"Sam we need to talk urgently there's a lot you have to know." She said.
"I don't..." He began but the stren look she gave him shut him up. Normally her face would be all sweet mixed with determination. This expression seemed to be mixed with a battle hardened past.
"No Sam there's been too much lying already, Poseidon's rage has only just began." She explained. It took Sam a few moments to realize what she was saying and who she might be.
"Who are you?" He asked.
"You know me as Sarah but I've gone by many names, one of them being Athena."