[027]

𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐢 - 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝
˚˚˚˚˚

˚˚˚˚˚𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀, 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻

˚˚˚˚˚
𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀, 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻

"ITS YOUR FAULT!" he screamed back at you.

his hard glare and tears made you stumble back a couple of step, your hands moving in front of you to try and protect yourself from his words.

the darkness wasn't something that you would have associate with the yellow fox, but over the last weeks on earth it seemed like they were the same thing.

nightmares had been common your whole life, and with tails too.

but usually they were about you failing to protect him or something along those lines.

now all your dreams were about him blaming you for whatever was happening to him — which you didn't even know what it was since you had left him all alone, in the hands of those monsters, as you escaped on this paradise called earth.

you were even worst then them.

you remembered maddie's talks about how dreams are your subconscious sending you mixed signals, and the more you dreamed of tails the more you agreed with this ideal.

especially when you knew you blamed yourself for whatever had happened — and was probably still happening — to him.

maybe that's why he walked out of the darkness, a crazy look in his eyes that made you back even more, especially when you saw the blood in his hands.

you called his name, as softly as you could, trying to make him remember.

until an hand gripped his shoulder, the same hand that had gripped yours for almost ten years, the same hand that had given you your scars.

that made you fight back.

you wouldn't have done anything against your yellow friend but if she was there than you would have destroyed her in thousands of little pieces.

"c'mon tails, attack" her face was hidden by the dark but her voice was always the same, making goosebumps roll down your spine.

you shook your head as you realized "no, not him" you begged as you tried to slowly approach.

he snarled at you, his teeth showing and you fell to the ground, looking up at the two.

"please" you tried "take me back, leave him out of this" you had to save him, you would have done anything to do so.

she laughed.

it echoed around and it made you feel even smaller, useless, powerless.

"why choose when i can have both..." she giggled, her fingers caressed his shoulder as she moved to the other side.