Chapter 3

Luna POV

Over the last two days since I started my new high school I have gained a lot of new friends, learned new things which I didn't even hear about before since in my previous school there was too much chatter and the teacher had to keep stopping the lesson and yell, but also I learned that it's very rare for Forks High School to get a new student; which I learned from Bella since she was the 'new girl' last year.

Speaking of Bella, we were currently on our way to her truck since school has finished. I find her very pleasing to be round since she isn't as nosy and talkative as the rest. I just hope I'm not too quick to judge her because there is still a lot that I don't know about her, but I just hope that she'll be a friend of mine.

We got into her truck and Bella turned it on before driving off towards our homes.

"Bella, is it strange for the Cullen's to not come into school?" I asked as we came to a stop at the red light.

I saw her gulp, as if she was scared to answer my question. "No, not really. They've done that a lot since I've first met them."

"Ahh."

Bella chuckled as she started driving again once the light turned green, and soon, we reached both our houses. I was about to get out of the truck, but I suddenly smelt something. Vampire.

I closed my eyes and sighed before getting out of the truck, just in time to see Bella going up to her boyfriend, who was standing near the woods. What the hell is this guy planning?

Knowing that he would be able to smell me if I followed them, I quickly closed the truck's door and ran home to see Mum and Dad cooking together in the kitchen. "Hi Mum, hi Dad."

"Hey sweetie, how was school?" Mum asked as she chopped up the tomatoes.

"Boring."

Dad chuckled as he stirred the meat in the frying pan, "Well, I hope you are hungry because we're having tortillas."

Yummy! We haven't had those in so long and I was beginning to miss some of the crunchiness and flavours. "Awesome, I'm just going to quickly do my homework. Call me once dinner is done."

"Oh, someone's commanding today," I heard Mum chuckle as I went up the stairs to my room with a smile on my face. Everyone is commanding once in a while, which I seem to be very good at. Well, that and being bossy. I know I'm bossy, being bossy is one of the many things that my family is known for, especially back home in New York. Everybody who worked for either Mum or Dad knew how bossy they were, it was a trait passed down to me.

I quickly took out all my homework's which included: Maths; Geography; and Biology. I'm just happy to pass time and get my mind off of Bella and Edward since ever since I got home, I couldn't stop thinking about them; and I just hope that Bella is safe with him.

*Thirty Minutes Later*

I slammed the book shut as I finally finished the last Biology question. I never thought I would say this but Biology sucks. There are too many names and words to remember that it makes my brain fuzzy.

I was about to go lay down on my bed when I heard Dad calling me. I quickly shot up from my bed and raced out of my room downstairs towards the kitchen when I saw Chief Charlie Swan at our door with a worried look.

Dad and Chief Swan suddenly noticed my presence as I spoke, "Dad, what's going on?"

"Ah, Luna, it's good to see you again," Chief Swan said and I smiled in his direction. "Have you by any chance seen Bella? Her truck is at home, but she isn't inside or anywhere around."

"No, sorry but I don't," I answered truthfully. "The last time I saw her was when we got home from school, and I came straight here."

"She hasn't told you anything. Where was she going? Who was she going to see?" Dad asked as he put on his police jacket.

"No, I'm very sorry but I don't know."

Chief Swan nodded as me and Dad followed his outside to see a lot of police cars and neighbours. "Dad...what exactly happened?"

"Bella's missing," Dad answered shortly.

I knew that if I said something out loud it may draw attention, so I mind linked Dad.

'I think I know where Bella is.'

'Where?'

'Right after she parked, I suddenly smelt her boyfriend waiting for her at the woods.'

'Are you serious? And she didn't even tell you about not worrying about her or anything?'

'No. I'm sorry Dad.'

'It's fine Lu, at least we now know who she was with.'

I nodded my head and followed Dad to Chief Swan's car, where a couple of men were looking over a map.

"I'll call the Cullen's again," Chief Swan said, gaining attention of the other men.

"Dad, who are they?" I suddenly asked gaining their attention as we stopped in-front of the police car.

"Luna, this is Billy Black, his son Jacob, and Harry Clearwater," Dad introduced them. "Gentlemen, this is my daughter, Luna."

"Nice to meet you all," I said as I shook each of their hands. "But to be honest it's weird situation of meeting someone new."

"Tell me about it," I looked at the owner of the voice and smiled. Jacob Black. He looked fourteen maybe fifteen, and had long, glossy black hair. His skin was beautiful, silky, and russet coloured; his eyes were dark, set deep above the high planes of his cheekbones. He looked very attractive, even though he is so young.

"How long has Bella been missing?" I asked, as I stared out to the woods.

"Since you two came home from school," Dad answered making me nod my head.

I heard Chief Swan talking to Jacob's Dad when I saw two figures come out from the woods. One of them was a tall, muscular man with short cropped black hair, tan skin, and wearing nothing but a pair of khaki shorts and shoes, while the other person was wearing a mustard-yellow coat, jeans and had brown hair - "Bella!"

My sudden outcry gained attention and soon Chief Swan was running towards the pair. I wanted to go to her, but Dad stopped me and whispered into my ear, causing both me and him to retreat back and go back home. But I still felt eyes on me and Dad. I could tell the difference from when a human was looking at us, to a vampire or a werewolf. And that werewolf was surely going to figure us out.