Sunshine 2/2

It was Neil's quickening breathing that woke Todd up. He ran his hand through his hair to gently wake him, but the brunette turned his head deeper into Todd's neck trying to hide from the blinding light coming in through the window.
A soft smile appears on Todd's face.

T- Hey Sunshine.

  Neil looked up surprised and a little disoriented, a smile appearing on his lips when he recognized his poet.

N- Hey

  His waking voice was still broken by the sobs of the day before.
  They looked at each other for a few seconds, taking the time to observe the messy hair and sleepy eyes in the morning.

T-Are you okay?

  Neil responds with a smile and a small nod without taking his eyes off Todd.

T- Does. Does it hurt?

  Todd slowly ran his thumb over the brunet's injured jaw, but he didn't lose his reassuring expression. Neil looked down, avoiding Todd's gaze.  The blond didn't say a word as he waited for Neil to speak if he wanted to. After a few seconds, the brunet looked up and found Todd's encouraging look.

  N- It almost never happens, you know.  When I don't agree with him, I shut my mouth... I just... He doesn't want me to be myself.  I should have kept quiet.

Todd forced Neil look at him by putting his hand on his cheek, taking care not to hurt him

T- Neil... I. I like you the way you are.

Neil looked at him with a tender, grateful smile, then he put his arm around Todd again to snuggle against him again, enjoying the comfort of the smell and the warmth of the blond without thinking of anything other than the moment.