Illegal Illusion

<Jaune POV>

I was currently looking at a map of Vale City while keeping what I knew about Blake in mind.

Although it seemed heartless to say it, this was exactly what I needed to exit the positive mood Pyrrha had brought me into.

Back to the topic at hand.

"She's Ex-White Fang. She'll probably feel the need to disprove what Weiss said about the White Fang robbing Dust stores with the aid of Roman Torchwick." I said quickly, having heard about the event from Ruby.

Pyrrha nodded. "That makes sense. She would probably heading to a White Fang hideout she knows of. The problem is-"

"-that we have no idea where the White Fang would put their hideout." I completed.

Nora hummed in agreement, Ren was contemplative.

Ren suddenly spoke, "There is a way we can find the White Fang hideouts in the city."

Our eyes turned to Ren. Nora spoke up as well, "Renny...You mean?"

He nodded. "Yes. I'm going to take them there. Lazul would know."

Nora accepted Ren's decision with a solemn nod.

"Take us where?" I asked. If my suspicions were right, then-

"The Vrangr headquarters in Vale." Ren said. "We can get you in, as well as get the information about the White Fang."

Pyrrha and I looked at each other, a tacit understanding forming between us.

"Then what are we waiting for?"

<Ruby PoV>

"BLAKE!!!" I shouted again, for what seemed like the hundredth time. Yang and Weiss were looking as well.

"I hope Nora and the rest are having better luck than us."

I returned to shouting out Blake's name, completely forgoing the possibility that there might be a better way to find her.

<??? PoV>

It recieved the latest prayer with an impassive face.

During the beginning of the Bloody Year, beings had begun praying to it. No, to him.

He found it annoying at first, and cursed the noisy ones with misfortune.

Then, he decided to change things up a bit. He granted what one prayer asked for.

That one 'miracle', a trivial act for him, allowed him to gain an important piece in the game.

What game? The game of life of course.

He realized that he could use this to his advantage. He selectively granted prayers, choosing carefully after much thought, as to whose prayer he would grant.

He learned and adapted, eventually gaining a fully human form he could utilize.

That had been years ago.

Now, he was walkng through the crowds of Vale, and nobody was any wiser.

Even those assigned to watch him, believed he was still in the ruins of Mount Glenn.

He caught another prayer, and listened to it.

"We misfortunate lambs beseech you, please help us find Blake Belladonna, Oh Hidden One."