★𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 9★

You closed your computer with a huff. You relaxed your body and sprawled it across the entire chair. 'Finally. Now that's done...' you thougt, more than relieved that your long hours of editing your resume were over. You unwrapped yourself from your blanket confinement, and stood up.

You stretched your arms high above your head, heaving a sigh as your arms dropped back down after a few moments.

You looked around your room, scanning the various bulletin boards covered in tasks, calendars and photos of immediate family and close friends. If you were to move out, you had to make sure to take the feeling of your room into London. Once you were done, you turned off and closed your computer, and exited your room.

You walked across the hall and knocked on Cindy's door. You missed her, and wanted to talk. "Cinny?" You called out. Cindy replied with a quick 'come in', and so you didn't hesitate to launch yourself into her room.

"Hey, hey! Your favorite niece is here!" You said happily, throwing your arms around your aunt. She was now 35, but she didn't look a day over 20. Cindy looked up from her book, and turned her chair around to give you a light hug back. "You look tired."

Cindy's stern, but soft voice pointed out. You chuckled and sat down on her bed, surrounded by plushies that you've made for her. "Aah, so straightforward! But yeah, just finished and sent my resume, so... Wish me luck!"

Cindy opened one of her drawers, rummaged through them for a bit and then threw a pack of your favorite candy to you. You thanked her enthusiastically.

"What about that Emma girl? Still showing off her body to men twice her age?" Cindy said, slightly swinging in her chair, looking at you with a neutral look.

You almost spit out your candy, "Cinny! No, it's nothing like that..." You said, grabbing another piece of candy and stuffing it into your mouth.

"Didn't she sleep with the math teacher to keep her grades suspiciously high?"

"Well... Yeah, but you didn't hear it from me. But... I feel like she's on the fence between breaking down and whoring herself around. I feel terrible, but... She hasn't been nowhere near kind." You said, looking at Cindy's beautiful eyes.

"Hm." She did that sound a lot when she disagreed, "You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped."

"...You got that from a book, didn't you?"

Cindy laughed melodically, a sound that was rare in the household, "Yeah, you've got me."

You talked for hours about Emma, the upcoming graduation, your future, your job... Basically whatever flew through either of your heads.

____

Asterios looked at your picture with awe, joviality and desperation. So many emotions were swirling in his eyes and so many thoughts ran across his brain. "No way, no way, no way... She..." Heumbled to himself, setting his coffee down and moving closer, as if to make sure this wasn't a dream.

He stared into your picture. It really was you. So happy, and radiant. Just like the Sun.

He didn't even notice another notification from John, telling him another person is interested in the offer. His brain couldn't even process what was going on. You were interested in his company. Which meant, that you had to get the job- You two could become so close again! But, first you had to be hired, and-

Asterios' breathing became more erratic and his heartbeat quickened. "My sunshine..." He mumbled into the screen, tears spilling down his face and scars. "You're back... It's really you..!"

He hasn't felt this kind of comfort in a long while. 10 years, to be precise. Just your name and picture caused hope to bloom in his chest and butterflies to flutter in his heart.