missing apps

"That stupid Collaborate Plus is deleting apps now," Terry complained to Carl as they were drinking their afternoon coffees.

The company had reduced the number of pods they provided, and Carl had started giving Terry some of his own pods. Terry was happy because he got decent coffee, and that were both happy because it gave them an excuse to have coffee together in the afternoon.

Terry took a sip of his coffee. "It deleted Duolingo off my phone because it said it was a security risk. I spent an hour on the phone with their support line trying to convince them that Duolingo wasn't stealing company secrets via my phone, but they said that it was on a list of restricted apps."

"So you can't even use restricted apps when Collaborate Plus isn't enabled?"

"You can, but you have to reinstall it." Terry took another sip of coffee. "Why aren't you having these problems? You're the only person in the office who doesn't seem to be having problems."

"I got a cheap phone and laptop just to connect," Carl said. "The only thing I have installed on them is Collaborate Plus. That phone is on my desk right now with my laptop."

"Smart," Terry said. "I should do that. I was in the middle of trying to learn Portuguese! ‌ Meu bolo está gritando no forno!"

"What?" Carl asked, confused.

"'My cake is screaming in the oven.' In Portuguese. I think that's what it was. It was the last sentence Duolingo gave me before Collaborate Plus decided it was stealing company secrets and deleted it. I assume my progress will still be there if I ever install it again."

"Did it also delete Facebook and Instagram? Or did it leave those there?"

"I don't know. I don't have either of those. But Gerry said that one of the new hires was complaining that it had deleted Tinder from his phone."

"I wonder if it also deleted Grindr."

"What's that?"

Carl smiled. "Just another dating app."

"Ah," Terry said. "You're more up-to-date on these things than I am."