Part 15

After the short interaction with the staffs one of the hybe drivers drove both you and sunghoon home together.
In the car it wasn't as awkward as it was when you were arriving at the mama awards show but instead you two were having a conversation as if you've known each other since childhood.

<< your Pov >>
Me and sunghoon were casually talking to eachother after the show unlike in the daytime before the show where we were a bit too shy to start a conversation.
It was already 8pm and it was already dark and cold outside , besides I was still wearing the dress which wasn't thick enough to cover me from the chilly weather so the slit on the dress was making it worser as it only got colder.
Suddenly Sunghoon took off his jacket and put it around my shoulder, what a gentlemen.
His actions made me smile as my heart melted for some reason.
"Thank you sunghoon-shi!" I thanked him in a soft tone as i finally met with the warmth of his jacket , the jacket smelt just like him aswell.

Sunghoon immediately kept on going with the conversation we were having earlier , you could actually get lost in his voice and his talks easily.
"So for how long have you been an idol?" He asked making me think for a quick second.
"Uhm about an year and a half maybe ? Well I debuted with 4 other girls in 2020 December 31th which makes it almost 2 years since it's Dec 9th" You explained.
"That's Interesting ! You debuted just a month after I did" Sunghoon said interested about the fact you debuted just a month later.
"Wait so you were in the one survival show I-land that was going on at the same time as ours but our survival show wasn't revealed to public yet?" You asked processing whatever you just figured out about your trainee days.
"Yep that's correct ! I was in I-land back then in 2020 with a lot of trainees , it was honestly really hard to move on when I got separated from the certain trainees I loved after my debut" He said as he slightly looked anywhere else than you remembering his hard days as a trainee.
"I can feel you...there was a girl named iroha that I first met as an trainee , she was the only person who made me stay strong throughout my trainee days, but..." you stopped in the middle of your sentence.

"...but she didn't make it through the survival show. Her absence left a void in my journey, a constant reminder of the dreams we shared and the hurdles she couldn't overcome." You finally finished the sentence as a small tear left your eye but you quickly wiped it away before sunghoon or the driver would notice it.
"I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds like Iroha meant a lot to you, and her absence must have been really tough. If you ever need someone to talk to or share memories of her with, I'm here to listen" Sunghoon said a sentence that you weren't expecting to hear from someone whom you've just met.

"Thank you for your kind words Sunghoon-shi. Iroha truly meant the world to me, and her absence has been incredibly tough but It helps knowing I have someone to talk to during this difficult time" You thanked him smiling warmly knowing wether it's someone you've known since forever or since just now , you still had someone who didn't mind listening you about things that didn't even relate to him.

"Don't worry , I am always here , feel free to reach out to me.
Between do you wanna go to a bakery to buy a brithday cake for one of my members ?" He asked you as your face suddenly lit with excitement.
"ITS SOMEONE'S BIRTHDAY TODAY ?? HOW EXCITING , EVEN THE STARS ARE SHINING TODAY FOR THEIR SPEICAL DAY !!" You suddenly became loudly excited making sunghoon chuckle.
"I'll take that as a yes" he spoke as the driver stopped infront of a 24 hours open bakery as both you and sunghoon exited the car heading towards it.

~ To be continued