Pre Christmas Fun

I slammed my fist into the heavy bag, the impact sending a satisfying jolt up my arm. Sweat dripped down my face as I danced around the bag, unleashing a flurry of punches. My muscles burned, but I welcomed the pain. It was a distraction from the anger boiling inside me.

I knew people were watching me. They always did. I had a reputation around here, and not just for my fighting skills. But I didn't care what they thought. They didn't know me, not really.

My hair, dark brown and wild, was tied back in a messy ponytail, but strands had escaped, sticking to my sweaty face. My dark eyes were narrowed in concentration as I focused on the bag in front of me.

"Woah there!" a voice called out from the doorway.

I paused, glancing over to see Christian leaning against the doorframe, a smirk on his face.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked, wiping the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand.

"Just came to wish you a Merry Christmas before I head home for the holidays," he said, pushing off the doorframe and walking towards me. "You're not spending another Christmas alone, are you?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'll be fine, Christian. Don't worry about me."

He crossed his arms over his chest, his stubbornness matching my own. "You know, Rose, it's okay to let people in sometimes. You don't always have to be so tough."

I snorted. "Look who's talking."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Fair enough. But seriously, if you need anything, you know where to find me."

"Thanks, Christian," I said, my tone softening. "Now get out of here before you miss your flight."

He nodded, turning to leave. "Merry Christmas, Rose."

"Merry Christmas, Christian," I replied, watching him go. As I turned back to the heavy bag, I felt a small smile tug at my lips. Maybe I wasn't as alone as I thought.

I turned around, punching the heavy bag with all my might, the impact reverberating through my body. My mind was racing, filled with thoughts of my past and my uncertain future. I'd never known my parents, only that they had abandoned me as a baby. I'd been raised in the academy, the nest academy for Martial Arts surrounded by people but always feeling alone.

I didn't have many friends, and the ones I did have knew better than to cross me. I had a reputation for being stubborn and reckless, with a temper that could flare up at any moment. But I didn't care what anyone thought of me. I knew who I was and what I was capable of.

I took another swing at the bag, picturing Kyle and Kennith's smug faces. They thought they could push me around, but I'd shown them. No one messed with me and got away with it.

As I continued to pound away at the bag, my thoughts turned to Ava. She was the one person who truly understood me, the one person I would do anything to protect. That's why I was training so hard, to become a Mercenary alongside her. It's been our dream since we were younger.

I stumbled into Andrew's room, my vision blurred from the alcohol I'd consumed earlier. I knew I shouldn't have gone to the party, but I'd needed a distraction from the stress of training and the fight with Kyle and Kennith.

Andrew grinned at me, his eyes filled with lust. "Glad you could make it, Rose. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist me."

I rolled my eyes, but didn't protest as he pulled me towards the bed. I knew what he wanted, and part of me wanted it too. It was a way to forget about everything for a little while, to lose myself in someone else.

We were just getting started when the door burst open, and Mr. Dumont stormed in. "What the hell is going on here?" he demanded, his face red with anger.

I scrambled to cover myself, my head spinning from the alcohol and the sudden intrusion. "Mr. Dumont, I-"

"Save it," he interrupted. "You're both coming with me to the principal's office."

I sat in the principal's office, my arms crossed defiantly as Mr. Dumont and the principal glared at me from across the desk. Andrew sat beside me, looking sullen and defeated.

"Rose, this is a serious offense," the principal said sternly. "Drinking and engaging in inappropriate behavior on school grounds is not tolerated at this academy. You could be expelled for this."

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't do anything wrong. Andrew and I were just hanging out. It's not like we were hurting anyone."

Mr. Dumont shook his head. "Rose, don't make this worse for yourself. You were caught red-handed, and there are witnesses who saw you both drinking."

I felt my temper rising, but I forced myself to keep my cool. "I don't care what anyone says. You can't prove anything."

The principal sighed. "Rose, we want to help you. But you need to take responsibility for your actions. If you continue down this path, you won't have a future here."

I bit my lip, my resolve wavering.