When I met 'Him'

Yeh un dino ki baat hai, when my Summer Holiday started after i finished my 6th standard final exams. I was so relieved as exams were over and now it's holidays.

Though the only thing I do during the holidays is eat, sleep , watch tv and nothing more. Still it gives me so much happiness. Me and my di used to watch tv together.

My Di's flat was just below our flat, so I used to go to her daily.

The structure of the building was such that there were two flats on the ground floor, one was di's and in the other flat there lived one family (chougule family) on rent. They were staying there for a short while as their new mansion's construction work was started. That mansion is near our apartment so they came to stay in our apartment as it will be easy for them to look after the construction and then shift once the construction is completed.

Above the di's flat there was our flat and above the flat of chogule family there was a flat of  mali family, they used to sell flowers and mala's.

I got to know that in the chougule family there was wedding soon. So the area in front of our apartment was decorated. The Chougule family consists of one man I don't know his name till now, his sister whom everyone  and I called Sarita maasi and her son krishna.

So that man was getting married, and their relatives came to stay at their flat as it was the wedding home and many rituals will be conducted there.

And in that relatives one person was 'Him'.

He was the nephew of the man who was getting married. He came here for his Mama's marriage.

As neighbours we used to go to their flat to attend some rituals.

I didn't notice him so much at first, though I saw him sometimes but for me he was just some relative who had come to attend the wedding nothing else.

On the wedding day, after wedding rituals completed and we had our lunch, we sat there on some chairs. My mom and maasi were talking to some friends whom they met in that wedding while me and my di where busy looking here and there as we didn't had any other work there.

I saw that everyone was going on stage to congratulate the newly wed couple and to click pictures with them. And then after so many people there came 'Him' and Krishna, his cousin, to meet their mama and mami.

I was just casually looking at them but then I noticed that they came on stage, Krishna just came and stood beside his mama for the pic, while 'he' came and gave a smile to both his mama and mami and stood beside mami for pic. After the photographer took their pic Krishna was just going away but 'he' said congratulations to the couple by shaking hands with them and then Krishna saw it and he realised he should also do this and then he did the same as 'him'.

At that moment, I first time noticed him nicely as I liked his gestures so much. He seems so mature and sensible.

After that day I saw him sometimes in after wedding rituals of the couple and then I got to know that he was staying for some months as his holidays were also going on.

I also got to know that his name is 'Chinmay'.

One day, the lights were not there in apartment for so many hours. Di and I used to watch tv daily for timepass but today it was a big question in front of us that 'what to do?'

Then di told me that Krishna has snake and ladders game in his house. So she suggested that I should go to Krishna and ask him to give the game to us for some time to play.

So I went to their flat and there I saw Krishna and Chinmay were playing snake and ladders only. Still I asked Krishna if he can give me the snake and ladders game. Krishna denied but then Chinmay scolded him and said to him that I am younger so he should give that game to me.

Chinmay was maybe 1 year older than Krishna and he was three years older than me. So as he was older, Krishna listened to him and gave the game to me.

While I was leaving I felt bad, as they were also playing that game and I took it from them.

So for the formality, I asked them that if they want, they can come with us to play as it is possible for 4 person to play the snake and ladders game.

They just nodded, and I didn't knew what they actually want to say, or I felt that maybe they are feeling awkward, so I just left from there with the game in my hand.

Then me and di went on terrace of our apartment to play the game. And after sometime we saw Krishna and Chinmay also came and they joined us in Playing snake and ladders.

I don't know it was coincidence or what but everytime me or Chinmay will win and conquer 1st or 2nd place alternatively and di and Krishna will always be 3rd or 4th alternatively.

After that we sometimes played making groups. In one group there was me nd my di, and in other group there was Chinmay and Krishna.

We played that game till evening as it was getting so interesting.

After that we came to my flat, and there everyone took the evening tea. After that we decided to play another game as we are now bored with this snake and ladders game.

So we decided to play 'Bollywood game'. In this game one group will give some hints about the Bollywood movie and other team has to guess the movie. If the other team guess the movie correct then they will get point or the first team will get the point. In the end, the group who has more points will win the game.

So this time also we have to make group. So di and I agreed to be a team. But Krishna and Chinmay denied this time.
Chinmay said that why everytime you two will be in one team.

He further said to di that she and Krishna will be in one team.

"And you will be in my team" he said looking towards me.

Di agreed and with no other option left, I agreed too.

Then the game began and it was getting so interesting for us as me and Chinmay both knew many movies.

In the end, we ,as in, me and Chinmay got more points than di and Krishna and we won the game.

We gave a hi-fi to each other in excitement of winning and then we realised that we are friends now.

Till now I never had any male friend. He was my first male friend.

That day I didn't only win the game but also I won a new friend, my first male friend.