11

Obito hurried towards the direction from where the three had disappeared.
Rin followed him.

"Do you know where they are?!" She asked

"Yes"
Hopefully, they won't be changing their hideout.

They were now infront of the cave-like place. They were hiding behind a tree and observing from a distance.

Damn it! Why am I feeling so worried?! Why is this stupid heart beating so fast?! Its making thinking so hard!

Rin looked at him with teary eyes.

Ya, that must be it. Because if he died I will be too. And won't be able to see Rin again....

"What should we do now?" Rin mouthed

"Stay here, I'll go and get him out" he patted her head

"You- can you handle them alone? I know I am not so useful but I can help as well!" She grabbed his hand showing her willingness

"It's not about that, Rin...... you always help me. And right now you can help by handling the situation from outside if needed" he gently removed her hand

"Fine, then"

He stared at the cave and memories flooded before his eyes. Him trying to save Rin, Kakashi loosing his eye, bandaging him, saving Rin and lastly, the moment he could have never forgotten, the boulder falling on top of him.

Obito headed towards the cave cautiously, hiding behind the trees and rocks. But still he found himself attacked by a wood plank. And then the disappearing ninja from before followed.

Both the plank and the ninja passed through him. He attacked him again and this time, was stabbed to death by Obito, just like how it had happened before. Blood splashed on his face as his sharinggan shone dreadfully.

He entered the cave, highly alerted. And there he was, a small figure tied to a stone.

Obito felt his heart shrink upon seeing the white-haired tied up like at, under some genjutsu.

He hurried towards Kakashi's side and cut the ropes. His eyes seemed empty, almost like all the people he had killed before and just the thought of it made Obito tremble. He held the little boy close to him.

What I'd this feeling? Why would I be scared like this? I myself had wanted to kill him sometimes. Then why?

"Release"

Kakashi was woken up from his daze and coughed out some blood, his mask was sticky and dark red now.

"Kakashi! Are you ok?" Obito asked worriedly, caressing his back

"Yea- *cough * Obito? What had happened?" The little one asked weakly

"I should get you out of here first"

He put Kakashi's arms around his own shoulder and helped him stand.

Suddenly, the walls started to shake violently.

"Damn it! Not again!" Obito whispered

Kakashi's consciousness was still not fully functioning. He felt weak and was able to stand only because of Obito's support. He felt the ground shaking and saw the rocks on the wall crumbling.

'Have to save Obito-' that was all Kakashi thought

Kakashi pushed Obito towards the exit.

"Go! I-I will just b-be a hindrance-" Kakashi said weakly

Obito was stunned by his action, soon an unfamiliar anger took over his mind. He yanked Kakashi by his 'X' shaped straps while he stared at Obito with wide eyes.

"What do you mean by 'Go'??! You want me to LEAVE you here all alone?!" He yelled

"Even if I have changed in these years, don't forget that your motto was made by ME! And I am NOT gonna let the same thing repeat to you, that had happened to me!" His sharinggan shone threatening

Kakashi felt a shiver through his spines as he froze. He had no idea what Obito was talking about but there was no time to waste.

"Leave.... Obito-" he tried to push him one more time but he bearly had any energy left

His eyes were hurting so bad that he wasn't even able to open them properly, they were teary and his head hung down to hide them.

Out of the blue, a warm palm caressed his cheek but he didn't even had the power to raise his head anymore. His limbs went numb and he fell on the ground but Obito supported him to sit.

"I always had this urge to kill you, Kakashi. But now, I don't want you to die....." Obito whispered

It was a mess around them, rocks were falling everywhere, and soon the whole 'cave' thing crumbled down.

That's it, we are going to die now. Both I and Obito, and its my fault.....

Kakashi accepted his fate, ready to be crushed under the rocks but then, he heard his comrade whisper
"Kamui.."

Suddenly, his left eye felt as if it were dug out of its socket. He screamed in pain and that was the only thing he recalled before blacking out.