Prologue

Years ago, it was a beautiful day in Maretime Bay as Filly Sunny was looking through her telescope at the top as she was looking for something while writing on a piece of paper while her father came in.

"Anything to report, explorer?" Argyle Starshine asked her daughter with a smile.

"I thought I saw the Royal Castle, but it was just a stack of oranges at the market." Sunny answered her father as she thought she saw a castle but it was a false alarm.

Argyle then came to his daughter as he spoke to her. "Canterlot might be a bit too far for us to see from here." He explained to her that finding the ancient capital of Equestria, Canterlot during the Gaurdians of Friendship time, might be a bit too far for them to see from their own home. "But you'll find it one day." Argyle assures Sunny with a smile that one day she will find Canterlot.

"You think so?" Sunny asks her father with a hopeful smile.

"Twilight Sparkle built The Gates of Ancients to welcome those who believed and trusted in the Magic of Friendship to Canterlot." Argyle explains to his daughter with a smile as they both start to have a vision of Princess Twilight showing her fellow ponies to the door of ancients to Canterlot back in the day when she and the other guardians of friendship were still around. Argyle then holds Sunny close to him as they both look straight through the glass of the lighthouse, looking at the view of Maretime Bay. "You lead with love, Sunny." Argyle said to her daughter with a smile. "And so long as you make sure no Earth Pony, Pegasus or Unicorn ever feels lesser than because of who they are, Canterlot will always be your home." Argyle gave her daughter some wisdom as Sunny then smiled as she's inspired by her father's words as they both looked on at the view of Maretime Bay.