Chapter 12

"How amusing...." Baruka, the leader of the ice elves, grinned.

Ari couldn't help but grimace at the weird expression. Her husband however, just stared at the ice elf with an emotionless expression.

Baruka swiftly started playing with his dagger, and adressing Jinwoo, he said, "I'll make you an offer, which will come in your favour. But before that, let me ask you a question.  "What are you doing amongst humans? You are not one of them."

 This beast gave out a bad vibe, and Ari knew it. "Jinwoo..." she whispered, under her breath, as she pressed Cotton to her chest, holding him tightly. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" asked Jinwoo, in the magical beast language. 

"When humans are in our presence, we hear voices that tell us to kill them, but we don't hear that in your presence" said Baruka, twirling his dagger. 

"Since we have no reason to fight you, let's not suffer any unecessary losses. Just do me a favor and hand over those humans behind you" he continued,  grinning.

"Nampyeon, Nampyeon, what are they saying?" asked Ari, her eyes darting from Baruka to Jinwoo.

"Nothing to worry about, Naekko, I will manage it" replied Jinwoo, not wanting his wife to worry unnecesarily. 

As Jinwoo and Baruka's conversation went on, Ari stood behind him with the others, her hold on Cotton tight, but not tight enough to harm the little one.

All of a sudden, Jinwoo's shadow soldiers started to appear behind him. The other hunters in the group were completely shocked and did not know what to do. Song-i was on the verge of collapsing out of shock. 

That's when Ari, pulling Han Song-i with her, shouted-

"Everyone! Fall back!"

All the others rushed to the sides to get away from the fiersome battle that was about to take place. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Jinwoo and Baruka's fight began, Ari stood on the side, with Song-i trembling in her arms, and cotton close beside her. The little bear seemed completely ignorant of the raging battle as it tumbled and somer-saulted in the snow. 

That is when she noticed hunter Kim Chul come out behind Jinwoo, with his dagger raised.

"Nampyeon!!!!!!!" Ari yelled, in hopes to warn her husband of the danger. 

But Jinwoo just remained calm. "Heh, Kim Chul, you're so predicatable" he said, grinning.

"Igris" he commended, and immediately, Kim Chul had blood coming out of his mouth. 

"Sung Jinwoo, you son of a......" said Kim-chul, unable to finish his sentence.

Everyone in the group just gaped as they watched a hunter kill another hunter. But then again, it wasn't really unusual of hunters to kill each other. But Ari just couldn't get over the nonchalance that Jinwoo had on his face, even when he just ordered his trusty knight to kill a human. To be fair, it was Kim-chul who attacked first

Without missing a beat, Jinwoo grinned at Baruka, a dangerous glint in his eyes and smirk plastered on his face.

"Arise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinwoo had just made Kim-chul a shadow soldier and named him 'Iron', when Han Song-i asked the other hunters, "Guys, is this usually how hunters fight?"